steering gearbox - '01.5 2500

i have a little play in my steering gearbox. anybody know if the pinion is adjustable and i can adjust out the play or is a replacement in order? thanks,
Nathan In Montana http://CarryGuide.com

You can adjust it, somewhat.... the nut in the center of the plate, on the top of the box (opposite from the pitman arm) can be tightened to take up some of the slop. Loosen the locknut, then tighten the adjuster with an allen wrench. Don't go more than 1/8 of a turn. If you have that much slop, it's time for a replacement. Re-tighten the lock nut when done.
Also, consider a steering gear brace, seen here: http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/151P

thanks tom! if this doesnt fix it, would you recommend rebuilding or replacing the existing gear box?
Nathan In Montana http://CarryGuide.com

Me? I'd just replace it... wouldn't want to spend the time jerking around with a rebuid kit. I ran an AGR Superbox2 in my old '99, that worked out nicely (turning 38x15's)