Steering Problem with 99Durango

Hello, I am having a very strange sound in the steering of my 99 Durango. When I turn sharply (anything past10-20 Degrees from center) there is a sound that sounds like a gear that is moaning or a spinning
part that is grinding. Does anyone have suggestion as to what this might be? I am thinkin it's the power steering, but am not sure what parts might be the culprit.
Help is appreciated.
CVB