Strange electrical problem - '91 Dakota

First thing the other morning, the Brake Warning light (red one, not the ABS one) came on and the blower wouldn't blow. When I turn the blower switch off, the brake light goes off.
Also, in reverse, the reverse lights don't work, and the same brake warning light goes on. I notice in the wiring diagram, that the blower motor & reverse lights get power from the same point on the ignition switch. But I don't see the connection to the brake light. I assume I've got a bad connection or ground somewhere, where to get started?
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere; instead of the current going to ground through the normal/correct route, it's backfeeding into the common power source. I would start by inspecting the ground at the brake lights, only because they are probably more susceptable to corrosion. Next I would check the blower circuit. If you don't find a bad ground at either location, inspect the ground for every component shared by the common power source.
I've seen really weird things happen from a bad ground...

The blower motor was old and drawing too much current. It fried the ignition switch & it's wiring harness.
Ed H. wrote:

Sounds to me like someone oversized a fuse as well.

"Bruce Porter" < snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message
That would be Dodge? 30 amps is an awful lot.
TBone wrote:

I'm glad you found the problem. Thanks for the update.