Strange Sound on a 2001 Ram 1500.

Hi,
I get this wierd sound while driving my truck, at low speeds its not noticable, but at higher speeds say 30+ mph it gets louder and more noticable. Anyway it sounds like its coming from the front driver side
tire, its sounds like a tire with a flat spot, but I inspected and rotated my tires and it made no difference.
It sounds like "whomp-whomp-whomp-whomp" running at 2+ hertz. I had it into the shop, they replaced the tierod ends and pitman arms. But as soon as I got it back on the freeway, "whomp-whomp-whomp". I'm not sure they actually test drove it before or after they fixed it.
Anyway the sound started a few months ago and seems to be getting worse. I thought maybe it was the wheel bearing or possible rotor run out. Any other ideas?
thanks
On May 9, 12:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Out of balance tire Tire that has a bad belt
I would take it in and have a proper balance and rotation done to see if the problem goes away.

Then take it back and say you brought it in to get it fixed,not change out some parts.

I think it could be the wheel bearing. I got the same problem on my truck, but not the same sound. If you lift the wheel up and turn the tire while it is up and hear unusal noise coming from the center then it is more than likely the wheel bearing.

It didn't move when you rotated the wheels, correct? What happens if, when it occurs you put the truck in neutral? Does the noise change when you are making a turn? Is there any vibration associated with the noise, if so where do you feel it ?