Stupid truck....

Page 1 of 3
As most of you know, last week we had a bit of snow. And of all times, my dependable ole truck decided to not run. It'd just die like you turned off the key. You could crank it over all day and it would not
even try to start.
I got a buddy to tow me back to the shop. As we were going back, I hit the key just to see what would happen and it started and ran just fine. Drove the rest of the way back to the shop and hooked up a scanner. No faults. No secondary indicators. Fuel pressure and volumn perfect. Dann.....
Drove it for two days and it did it again. This time it stayed dead. Pushed it in the shop. No faults. No secondary indicators. Fuel pressure and volumn perfect. Spark would jump half an inch using the ole screwdriver-stuck-in-the-wire-and-held-close-to-a-ground method. Node light on an injector flashed in rythme. Hooked up a test pcm and still no luck. Dist. cap nice and dry. Scratched my ass awhile and it still did not run.
This had 6-7 of my mechanic buddies scratching their asses also....
One of my fellow co-workers asked if I had tryed swapping in another coil. Nope I replied as it had good spark as verified by several other techs. He walked away and came back with a test coil and plugged it in. The damned thing started. Hooked up the original coil and it did not start. Compared the spark between both coils and it looked identical. Ohm readings on the coil were identical.
I don't know wtf is wrong with that old coil but my truck has a new one installed and the damned this is running.
End of rant...... bring on more snow.....
Denny
This is fun!!

Perhaps a little soap and a shower would help.<G>

Rabbit and his friends preparing for group sex. <BFG>

Bet you have by now!! <VBG>

I'll just bet he did.

This was too easy!!
<GBMFG
Glad ya got it fixed!!
Roy

I'd have been truely disappointed if you didn't have fun with that...... <BG>
Denny

Just a bit more proof that vehicle electronics sometimes work on the FM Principal.
FMB (been fooled by F'n Magic before)

Yep but it's still a friggen bitch......
On the can-bus vehicals with unexplicable problems it seems like resetting the module involved works most of the times. The tech that works across from me had an 08 RT in the other day that would quit running when you turned on the rear defroster. Had a bazillion stored codes set. Reset the pcm took care of the problem. No tsb, tech-tips or flashes on that one either.
This is getting more fun than I can handle...
Denny

Yep but it's still a friggen bitch......
On the can-bus vehicals with unexplicable problems it seems like resetting the module involved works most of the times. The tech that works across from me had an 08 RT in the other day that would quit running when you turned on the rear defroster. Had a bazillion stored codes set. Reset the pcm took care of the problem. No tsb, tech-tips or flashes on that one either.
This is getting more fun than I can handle...
Denny
Almost makes you wish you were pushin snow with the Snoman, huh?
FMB (North Mexico)

Now, that is too friggin' easy!!!!
Roy

Somebody had to beat you to the low hanging fruit...
FMB

Everybodies a friggen comedian around here.........
Jodi's been quiet.... maybe she's finially baking those cookies..
Denny

Everybodies a friggen comedian around here.........
Jodi's been quiet.... maybe she's finially baking those cookies..
Denny
I figure Jodi is still diging out. Supposed to be more snow for her on Monday.
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (2/14/2010 7:10 AM):

Something like that. Recovering from all that digging, preparing for round - what? - three? four?
Still no cookies. Thinking of making scones today tho. Yesterday went to a gun show. Didn't buy another piece yet, but got some ideas (yes - not only do I carry heat, I've got my CCW. Remember that the next time you wanna harass me about cookies)
<BEG>
Officially, we're only supposed to get a couple of inches tomorrow. An alternate forecast says we might get 6" or more of fluffy stuff. This guy was right when the main forecasters said 1-3" and we ended up getting 7". I do hope he's wrong this time though.
jmc

om...
"not only do I carry heat, I've got my CCW. Remember that the next time you wanna harass me about cookies)"
Any time you want to go hog plinking at 3-400 yds with that cute little pistol vs my rifle let me know... <VBG>
You may be surprised how many members of this group have their CCW. It's becoming a way of life..
Denny

"not only do I carry heat, I've got my CCW. Remember that the next time you wanna harass me about cookies)"
Any time you want to go hog plinking at 3-400 yds with that cute little pistol vs my rifle let me know... <VBG>
You may be surprised how many members of this group have their CCW. It's becoming a way of life..
Jodi, it's not Denny you have to worry about, it's Julie, his daughter that is the better shot.
He is correct thjough a bunch of us have CCW's.
Roy Denny

Not as many as want them though, some of us are still suffering on the Left Coast.
FMB (North Mexico)

I have to plead ignorance here. In MA which is one of the more restrictive states with regard to the local's being able to deny a permit there was always a appeal if a application was denied. . Lengthy but doable and usually successful. don't you folks have the same procedure? Or is the process totally different?
Roy

It's all up to the elected County Sheriff or local PD out here. If I remember correctly, in my county with ~405k souls, there are less than 150 permits issued. A Grand Jury investigation ('06-'07) concluded my town of ~105k souls issued 3 permits. That is THREE.
FMB (North Mexico)

That's sad... The thought you must depend on the government to protect you is scary!

<snip>

Ooops hit send by mistake earlier.
MA it's the local police chief and a weapon course. The chief declines and you are able to appeal to the state dept of public safety.
In FL where I am now it's a clean record a finger print check and you get the CCW. You also can buy and keep in your car a pistol with no permit. FL also has a great thing that MA doesn't have. In MA if somebody breaks into your home your supposed to run out the back door. Here in FL it is the Castle Law. They break in, you are well within your rights to put a few into them. No muss no fuss.
Roy

oups.com...
I don't know about the "no muss no fuss". We have the castle law in Ohio also. At a seminar last winter about the legalities of ccw, a lawyer that was putting the class on stated that if I was to pull the trigger and I was completely within the law, it's still take me about $30,000 to put a lawyer on retainer to get me thru the criminal process......even if I was completely innocent of breaking any laws... Now "that" is bullshit...
Also, if you did have to pull the trigger, do not talk to the officer other than your name and to hand over your pistol and permit. Save everything else for your lawyer.
Denny