Stupid truck....

Ooops hit send by mistake earlier.

MA it's the local police chief and a weapon course. The chief declines and you are able to appeal to the state dept of public safety.

In FL where I am now it's a clean record a finger print check and you get the CCW. You also can buy and keep in your car a pistol with no permit. FL also has a great thing that MA doesn't have. In MA if somebody breaks into your home your supposed to run out the back door. Here in FL it is the Castle Law. They break in, you are well within your rights to put a few into them. No muss no fuss.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

m...

.com...

ps.com...

I don't know about the "no muss no fuss". We have the castle law in Ohio also. At a seminar last winter about the legalities of ccw, a lawyer that was putting the class on stated that if I was to pull the trigger and I was completely within the law, it's still take me about $30,000 to put a lawyer on retainer to get me thru the criminal process......even if I was completely innocent of breaking any laws... Now "that" is bullshit...

Also, if you did have to pull the trigger, do not talk to the officer other than your name and to hand over your pistol and permit. Save everything else for your lawyer.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I don't know about the "no muss no fuss". We have the castle law in Ohio also. At a seminar last winter about the legalities of ccw, a lawyer that was putting the class on stated that if I was to pull the trigger and I was completely within the law, it's still take me about $30,000 to put a lawyer on retainer to get me thru the criminal process......even if I was completely innocent of breaking any laws... Now "that" is bullshit...

Also, if you did have to pull the trigger, do not talk to the officer other than your name and to hand over your pistol and permit. Save everything else for your lawyer.

Denny

There have been numerous cases "home invasion" here in the past few months. The homeowner had canceled their ticket as they came through the door. No charges. A guy walked into a all night gas station, saw the clerk looking down a .45 went back to his truck took out his gun, walked back to the store and fired up the guy holding the clerk at gun point. Again no charges. It goes on and on down here.

I've always been of the belief that you kill them and make damn sure they are dead. Thus your story is the ONLY story.

Of course for that to happen in your case, you'd best give the weapon to Julie.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

From another group.

"Gun rights advocates have a California police detective in their crosshairs after he apparently posted comments on Facebook advocating that 'open carry' supporters should be shot...

" 'Haha we had one guy last week try to do it!' Tuason replied. 'He got proned out [laid face-down on the ground] and reminded where he was at and that turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!' "

NotMe

com...

e:

ps.com...

oups.com...

I guess this is one of those deals where ya need to be ready for it while you hope it doesn't happen....

If that makes any sense at all...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I guess this is one of those deals where ya need to be ready for it while you hope it doesn't happen....

If that makes any sense at all...

Denny

It make all kinds of sense.

Going to change subjects again.

Sue's caddy has a tire pressure monitering system. Anyway the l/rear won't go up beyond 27lbs. Have 35 in the tire but shows a warning on the dic. Messed with it a bit, ran the pressure up to 40 then down to 20 and it is still hinky. IIrc the vette would reset itself if you dropped the pressure than brought it back up. This won't. Ya have any ideas??

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (2/14/2010 3:48 PM):

Suspected as much. On that subject, I'm looking for something a bit smaller to actually carry concealed. My S&W 637 revolver is a fine weapon for home protection, but turns out not so good as a concealable weapon for a vertically challenged lady. It bulges :)

So what do you folks (and your SOs if they also carry) use for concealed carry?

Looking at a Sig Saur P238 (hubby has one), or a Ruger LCP... or ?

Fortunately, with our new Gov, VA is again a gun-friendly state. It was already very easy to get my CCW. Now they're working to push through laws the anti-gun previous gov vetoed.

Shoulda seen the hordes at the gun show. OMG it was busy!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (2/14/2010 4:07 PM):

Yup, the best quote I heard lately:

When asked why he carried a gun, he replied, "because a cop is too heavy to carry"

lol.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I've carried a sig 239 for probably 6 years. Fires the 357 sig or with a barrel change a 40. Nice handling weapon. Small, very comfortable, fairly light. I'm sure some here will rave about the glock they are nice but imo don't measure up to a sig.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (2/15/2010 7:44 PM):

Hubby doesn't like Glock. Might have a coronary if I got one :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

s.com...

oups.com...

groups.com...

If'n it was a Chrysler product I'd say you have a defective sensor in the rim. I'm guessing the GMs work close to the same way.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

"So what do you folks (and your SOs if they also carry) use for concealed carry? "

I carry the CZ82 most of the time. The civilian version of this gun is the CZ83. I just plain don't like the feel of a plastic gun so while the CZ is a tad bit heavy, it fits my hand like a glove. My Springfield 1911 gets carried at times when the weather is cold. And I do have to admit to carrying one of those cute little North American Arms .22 mag revolvers at times.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

A S&W 640 J-frame 357, with the shortest barrel you can get! A hamerless design makes it easy to pull out without snagging on stuff. Five shots (if I can't get the job done in five, I deserve the results...)

I prefer a revolver over a semi... They don't jam, ever!

That's good, so often changes like this are hard to come by!

Reply to
PeterD

"(if I can't get the job done in five, I deserve the results...) "

I can't disagree with you on this. My cz holds 12 rounds and I think thats enough. What the hell kind of trouble am I in that 12 rounds won't get me out of?? Maybe I shoulda paid more attention to what I was getting into and went the other way.

Some of the guys on other shooting forums that I frequent say they carry at least two spare mags just in case. One of the arguements is that if you have a jam, you drop the mag-rack the slide-stuff in another mag to get it running again. That is the correct way to clear most jams. Some say they just aren't comfortable unless they have at least 30-40 rounds available to them. To each their own I guess...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (2/16/2010 8:28 AM):

That's what I have - see above (637 is a J-frame)- but I'm a small person so a revolver's difficult to conceal properly.

True, and that's why I got one originally.

Reply to
jmc

Hmm. Well, I guess if you never know when you might need to protect yourself, you never know when you might get into a gun battle. :)

I think the same way too, have at least one spare mag in case of a jam at a really bad time. Drop and reload.

I can't say that I'd deserve the results if I couldn't take down someone in 5 shots. I am a good shot, but who knows how good a shot I'll be when actually faced with an attacker? I truly hope I'll never, ever find out.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

"(if I can't get the job done in five, I deserve the results...) "

I can't disagree with you on this. My cz holds 12 rounds and I think thats enough. What the hell kind of trouble am I in that 12 rounds won't get me out of?? Maybe I shoulda paid more attention to what I was getting into and went the other way.

Some of the guys on other shooting forums that I frequent say they carry at least two spare mags just in case. One of the arguements is that if you have a jam, you drop the mag-rack the slide-stuff in another mag to get it running again. That is the correct way to clear most jams. Some say they just aren't comfortable unless they have at least 30-40 rounds available to them. To each their own I guess...

Denny

Yup, a spare mag is good in case of a jam. But, I've put a couple of thousand rounds through the sig and not a problem. I'm of the belief that if you spend decent money on a weapon, mags and clean and store them properly along with buying good ammo, things work just fine.

These folks that need 30 or 40 rounds... I'd carry the black one if I was that needy and have 3 taped for 84 rounds.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yea, I think some of us were taught to shoot, and not spray hose the world!

Reply to
PeterD

Absolutely. With adrenalin pumping, it is much harder to shoot straight. But the basic thing to remember is try never to put yourself into a situation where you have to shoot... It is much easier and safer to apologize for an (imagined) wrong, and walk away...

Reply to
PeterD