Super Bowl Pick???

Okay, today is the day! Who do ya like????

Roy

Reply to
Roy

i am hoping for seattle. west coast thing. above all though, hoping for a great game, decided in the final minute.

Reply to
theguy

I like them both, but I think the Steelers will get another super bowl victory by a small margin.

John

Reply to
JPH

Seattle has a couple of local players on the team, Hasselbeck and Tatupu. Tatupu's father played for the Pats, so I'm leaning that way. On the other hand the Steelers beat Denver who put the Pats out so I have that going and I'd like to see the Bus get a ring. The wife want's Seattle.... Screw it, I'm down for the Bus!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

This bandwagon's still for the Steelers...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Steelers will win, But sure would be nice to see the Seahawks win!

Reply to
Lorne

Steelers..... local team and too many fans to root against em!

Reply to
Max Dodge

I'll tell ya' who I DON'T like! The damned celebrities who think they have to "add" something to their rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner". Aaron Neville and Aretha Franklin should be banned from ever singing the National Anthem in public again.

What is wrong with singing it like Francis Scott Key wrote it?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Reply to
Dave Lee

Agreed.

Well, since it was a poem at that point, and set to an old English drinking song two years later, it would be hard to sing it like he originally wrote it.

But your point stands, they screwed up a perfectly good tradition.

Reply to
Max Dodge

The way things are going it probably won't be long before it is not sung at all.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I've personally never cared for any of Aaron Neville's cater-walling style of embellishments. I would also agree that Aretha's portion of the performance was equally butchered... and it was exactly what I expected when I first learned who would be performing the SSB.

Yeah, some liberal bedwetters will probably complain that singing The National Anthem somehow violates "their" rights. What they fail to realize is if it weren't for this country, they wouldn't have many "rights".

You vote with pen and paper when you write to the NFL and express your feelings. It was their show, let them know how you feel about it. If enough people write to complain, there'll be changes made.

Reply to
RamMan

I liked the Bud commerical, with the sheared sheep running across the field,

Reply to
Dale Yonz

I imagine that you and Red would....

Denny