Super Bowl Pick???

Okay, today is the day! Who do ya like????
Roy

i am hoping for seattle. west coast thing. above all though, hoping for a great game, decided in the final minute.

Seattle has a couple of local players on the team, Hasselbeck and Tatupu. Tatupu's father played for the Pats, so I'm leaning that way. On the other hand the Steelers beat Denver who put the Pats out so I have that going and I'd like to see the Bus get a ring. The wife want's Seattle.... Screw it, I'm down for the Bus!!
Roy
Roy wrote:

I like them both, but I think the Steelers will get another super bowl victory by a small margin.
John

This bandwagon's still for the Steelers...
Denny
Steelers will win, But sure would be nice to see the Seahawks win!

Steelers..... local team and too many fans to root against em!
--
Max

I'll tell ya' who I DON'T like! The damned celebrities who think they have to "add" something to their rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner". Aaron Neville and Aretha Franklin should be banned from ever singing the National Anthem in public again.
What is wrong with singing it like Francis Scott Key wrote it?
<climbing down from my soapbox>
Mike
I agree Mike. Neville sounded terrible and Aretha was doing good until she tried to add her thing to it. They took a motown show and didn't even have a Hammond Organ in it. just Dr. John on Piano. It should be sung the way it was written. Aretha knew she blew it when she sang the last few bars,even the choir couldn't save it. The NFL is just trying to patronize the blacks by the pregame show. If Seattle wins I bet they riot in Detroit although I hope not. The rolling stones should not be playing tonight.

Speaking of the stones, glad I've missed their last few tours.

Agreed.
Well, since it was a poem at that point, and set to an old English drinking song two years later, it would be hard to sing it like he originally wrote it.
http://www.contemplator.com/america/ssbanner.html
But your point stands, they screwed up a perfectly good tradition.
--
Max

The way things are going it probably won't be long before it is not sung at all.
Roy

writes:

I've personally never cared for any of Aaron Neville's cater-walling style of embellishments. I would also agree that Aretha's portion of the performance was equally butchered... and it was exactly what I expected when I first learned who would be performing the SSB.

Yeah, some liberal bedwetters will probably complain that singing The National Anthem somehow violates "their" rights. What they fail to realize is if it weren't for this country, they wouldn't have many "rights".

You vote with pen and paper when you write to the NFL and express your feelings. It was their show, let them know how you feel about it. If enough people write to complain, there'll be changes made.
I liked the Bud commerical, with the sheared sheep running across the field,
On 2/6/06 8:31 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, "Roy"

I imagine that you and Red would.... <VBG>
Denny
On 2/8/06 5:02 AM, in article zdkGf.92577$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com,

That's baaaaad dale

That's even worse.............