synthetic oil

You're probably gonna call me a liar. I would not blame you a bit.
I bought a 1997 2500 with the 5.9 diesel and 119,000 miles on the clock. I immediately changed oil to use 15w-40 Mobile One and the recommended
filter. After almost 4000 miles, the oil is still transparent - a little darker than ordinary honey. This can't be normal.....can it??

Nah. We reserve that for the Jesus nerds in the group.

Mine is honey colored after only 4000 miles as well. Now, mine only has 50k on it, but I'm not sure that matters much. Cummins makes a great engine and as long as it is taken care of, it is the best diesel engine out there.
BTW, I use Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme Synthetic 5w-40 and Fleetguard filters. Both are recommended by Cummins.
Craig C.

Honey ranges in color from "water white" to so black you can't see through it. You must be more specific like "clover" honey or "tulip poplar" honey. Or you could test your oil in a honey color grader. My oil usually looks like buckwheat honey.
beekeep
On Feb 21, 5:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

Mine is the color of the honey that comes in the bear shaped container.
:-) Craig C.

Please define "ordinary honey."
beekeep
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:14:59 +0000, beekeep wrote:

The golden honey you normally see in your grocery story squeeze bottle.

That'd be the wife? <G>

Oh, man, that one made my sides hurt...

Wouldn't that be "onery honey?"