T-Bonehead, the math whiz

Page 1 of 9

Yep, 100% correct. :-)

"TranSurgeon" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message

nope
if you ask real nice, I'll give you a hint to where you wnt wrong
otherwise, I'll carry out my promise of last week, to just keep pointing out your errors for all to see

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy math, any way you try and spin it.

fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
fuzzy,
try
Sorry Trans....but if you go down to Staples...I'm sure they'd be more than happy to sell you a calculator.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

The calculator would prove Gary correct.
3/2 = 1.5 BUT
3% (.03) / 2% (.02) = 150% (1.5)
Some people need to realize that percentages are expressed differently when written as decimals.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

No they don't. The .03 and .02 are not a percentage of different whole portion or denominator. You can change a percentage to a decimal. You can divide, add or multiply a decimal by a decimal but you cannot divide a percentage into a percentage.
DECIMAL ........ A linear array of digits that represents a real number, every decimal place indicating a multiple of a negative power of 10. For example, the decimal 0.1 = 1/10, 0.12 = 12/100, 0.003 = 3/1000. Also called decimal fraction.
PERCENTAGE ...... A fraction or ratio with 100 understood as the denominator; for example, 0.98 equals a percentage of 98.
So when you change the 3% and 2% to a fraction/decimal with both from the same denominator you have created two new whole/denominators.
Gary is full of shit.................
Jerry

when
HOO BOY !
this takes the f-ing cake

and this is relevant exactly why ?

no shit, Sherlock

WTF are you babbling about here ?
'from both with the same denominator' ??? to what ?

and the obligatory personal attack

Of course.
--
Max

TranSurgeon wrote: >

Damn Tbone ............... just because I don't visit here very much lately doesn't mean you have to take my place in getting shade tree to cry and throw his tantrums for everyone. Poor little fellow must have lost his pacifier again.........
Jerry
why don't you two go get a room ?

out

out
LOL, the sad thing it really just doesn't take much to get him going but it takes more than I have to get him to shut up.

Okay... I think this hole is deep enough....
Tom - what's .03 divided by .02? Hint: it ain't .015.
It's 1.5
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

No shit Tom, like I said a million times, it's 1.5. I understand what he is saying and was trying to prove a point, one that I believe I clearly did. When he thinks he is right, regardless of what I say, he fights on and here he is doing exactly that. As Harry Potter would say, Mischief Managed.

Yup, expressed as a percentage thats 150%
SOOOOOO
3% / 2% = 150%
OR
50% more than the original amount.
SOOOOO
If the original amount was 2% of the whole, and we now let 3% of the whole,
its 50% MORE.
The only thing fuzzy here is T-bones ability to look at whats being measured. We aren't measuring the amount of dirt that DID NOT get through, we are measuring what DID get through.
But he still won't get it, because he's busy looking at the surface of the filter, not the crap inside the throttle body.
--
Max