Reply to
TranSurgeon

Yep, 100% correct. :-)

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
TranSurgeon

nope

if you ask real nice, I'll give you a hint to where you wnt wrong

otherwise, I'll carry out my promise of last week, to just keep pointing out your errors for all to see

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy math, any way you try and spin it.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Sorry Trans....but if you go down to Staples...I'm sure they'd be more than happy to sell you a calculator.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Okay... I think this hole is deep enough....

Tom - what's .03 divided by .02? Hint: it ain't .015.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

It's 1.5

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

No shit Tom, like I said a million times, it's 1.5. I understand what he is saying and was trying to prove a point, one that I believe I clearly did. When he thinks he is right, regardless of what I say, he fights on and here he is doing exactly that. As Harry Potter would say, Mischief Managed.

Reply to
TBone

The calculator would prove Gary correct.

3/2 = 1.5 BUT

3% (.03) / 2% (.02) = 150% (1.5)

Some people need to realize that percentages are expressed differently when written as decimals.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yup, expressed as a percentage thats 150%

SOOOOOO

3% / 2% = 150%

OR

50% more than the original amount.

SOOOOO

If the original amount was 2% of the whole, and we now let 3% of the whole,

its 50% MORE.

The only thing fuzzy here is T-bones ability to look at whats being measured. We aren't measuring the amount of dirt that DID NOT get through, we are measuring what DID get through.

But he still won't get it, because he's busy looking at the surface of the filter, not the crap inside the throttle body.

Reply to
Max Dodge

but just a few posts ago (see below) you wrote the following:

which is wrong

Reply to
TranSurgeon

But earlier you said it was 1.5%, which is .015.

You have heard of the expression involving a pot, a kettle, and a very dark color, right?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

So is your claim that a transmission cannot produce torque. It can't create it but it can produce it.

Reply to
TBone

changing the subject won't get your stupid sorry ass out of this one

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Nope. It cannot produce torque anymore than it can create it. It can however, TRANSmit it. Hence the name, "transmission."

BTW, I think Roget can help you with your problem understanding "create" and "produce" as being pretty much the same in the context which you used them.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Not trying to and perhaps you should follow your own advice. Now what does that converter convert and how does the trans increase torque without producing more???????

Reply to
TBone

Yea, I said that like once, maybe twice and was wrong. After that I moved to a valid point about using percentages as a method of fuzzy math which is accurate to prove a point.

LOL, not really. In order to prove my point, I had to continue. Now according to Gary, he would only post when I had something of value to say and I made this a devoid of value as possible and not only did he keep posting, he created new threads about it just like I said he would because he thought he was right and about the percent division, he was. But even with valid questions pending on the trans thread, he abandoned that one and I wonder why.

Reply to
TBone