T-Bonehead, the math whiz

That's incorrect. A transmission can increase torque. For example, a hypothetical transmission could take 50 ft-lbs of torque on input and produce 300 ft lbs of torque. (numbers are arbitrary). No laws of physics are violated by increasing torque on output.

Reply to
Ignoramus13822

Which is a fairly small number.

No, its 1% more or 50% more than the other filter. Here we go with that fuzzy math again.

That is correct so the only thing that really matters is the 3% that gets through the K&N, not the misleading 50% more than the paper filter.

What does the surfacer of the filter have to do with anything? What I'm looking at is the total dirt each individual filter lets through, not some misleading comparison of the difference between two filters.

Reply to
TBone

Gary explained that. Maybe you should have read what he said.

Reply to
Max Dodge

lol, quoting a kids movie as support! Too funny.

Reply to
miles

No laws of physics are violated because it didn't increase the torque, it merely changed its configuration.

Reply to
Max Dodge

No laws of physics are violated because its not an increase, its a reconfiguration.

Reply to
Max Dodge

We've been over this, the number is far from small.

Nothing fuzzy about it. Its an accurate representation of how much more gets through a K&N. Even you admit the numbers are dead on.

No, the 50% matters, because its what you can do something about by changing to a paper filter.

But the 50% figure doesn't compare the filters, it compares the amount of dirt getting through. I told you that you were stuck on the filter, not the dirt getting through, and you've proven it.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Nope, transmissions do change torque. If you want, you can think about a torque multiplier. In converts input torque into a much greater output torque. It is a simple geared device.

Heck, even a simple lever changes torque.

Ignoramus13822

oops, scratch that, a lever does not change torque, but torque multipliers and transmissions do.

Ignoramus13822

He did no such thing and come to think of it, neither did you.

Reply to
TBone

Yup, they CHANGE torque, but they don't produce it, make it, create it, etc.

I'm probably a bit more familiar with transmissions than you think I am.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Denial was a necessity for O.J. and Michael, but it just makes you look stupid.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Until you can back up your numbers, they mean nothing.

It is a representation of how much more gets through over a paper filter but who cares. My only concern is does the filter (any filter) block enough dirt to protect the engine while not being overly restrictive.

Now that would depend on many things such as air-flow, replacement costs, ect..

It most certainly does.

No it doesn't. The total amount of dirt getting through is 3% for the K&N or 1 % more than with the paper filter.

Actually Max, that would be you who is stuck on the filter with your 50% crap. The only numbers that matter are the 2% and 3%.that the filters actually let into the engine.

Reply to
TBone

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha, what in the hell does this even mean. What a load of crap!!!

Reply to
TBone

Actually, a lever creates torque but don't tell Max. he might freak out and claim that it simply reconfigures it.

Reply to
TBone

Already have. I've told you that the numbers are equal to every bit of dust you can see in the world. The numbers I refer to are the ones that make you wash your car so it looks better, dust and vacuum the house, and sweep the deck.

You've changed your concern because you know you lost the initial claim.

No, it depends on the micron rating of the filter, nothing more, nothing less.

See, you can't figure it out, can you? You are so worried about the filter, you forgot that you are protecting the engine from dirt, not trying to find a nifty airfilter. The 50% increase does not refer to the filter, it refers to the amount of stuff getting through the filter.

WRONG. I knew you were not gonna get it. You can't do percentages, there's no way you shoulda been able to pass algebra, explaining how the math works is lost on you. Do I have to show you the math AGAIN?

.03 / .02 = 1.5 or 150% not 1%, but 50% more dirt. The K&N filters 1% less dirt than the paper filter, which is an increase of 50% in the amount of dirt NOT filtered.

Yup, I knew you were a waste of time, but I got you to make a fool of yourself again, several times over. I'd say its a 50% increase over what Gary was able to do before I subbed for him.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yer so damned full of how the laws of physics work, why don't you tell US how that works?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Nope. A lever gives a mechanical advantage, but by itself, it doesn't create torque. You need a shaft to which you attach the lever, and a force on the lever to make torque.

How DID you get out of Junior High?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Hahahaha, A lever by definition is a shaft or solid length of material attached to some pivot point or fulcrum, moron.

A force on the lever causes it to rotate on its pivot point and that maxi is torque.

A better question is did you?

Reply to
TBone

You are the one making the claims here Max. How about you back up what you are saying instead of expecting me to do it.

Reply to
TBone