T-Bonehead, the math whiz

Page 3 of 9

If thats correct, then you are wrong about it producing anything as well.
Hang on, I think its a left turn right about ....... HERE! (this line will be replaced by more Tbone gibberish/spin, just wait and see)
Give a man a match, and he is warm for a short while. Light him on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Why? It doesn't lose anything but it can and does waste some of the input power overcomming internal friction which results in it PRODUCING heat as well. Now what were you saying????

Another sign that your argument is without merit and that should be what, about 100 points for me. Not that I need them with the huge boost Gary has been giving me.

spin
flow
thru
Wrong again, Braniac
from impeller, thru stator, to turbine, then repeat
you just can't help yourself, can you ?

in
friction
Hahahahahahahaha, you got it backwards, shit for brains. You claim to know about this stuff and even an admitted complete amateur (me) knows more than you do, how sad. You do know that the stator has a one way bearing, right. If the fluid went into the stator first, why would it need one and come to think of it why would the trans need the stator? Then come to think of it, how would it amplify low end torque if it received the fluid ahead of the turbine? It looks like you don't even know what the purpose of the stator is, some transmission expert. Were you the guy in the AAMCO commercial many year back with the garden hose that claimed to rebuild the same transmission 17 times?

Not when you make it this easy. Face it Gary, you blew it. Despite all your spinning and modified header changes, when it comes down to actual knowledge, you really don't know shit. Now lets see if Maxi is dumb enough to try and back you up on this. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm/printable Perhaps this link may help you out. After you learn how a converter actually works, we can talk again but until then, YOU LOSE, Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

One-way bearing? Bearing???
LOL, yea, my spelling sucks As hard as it would be for anyone here to believe, I'm not perfect :-)

"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

It wasn't a spelling thing... I just don't see how "bearing" and "clutch" are synonymous...

It's called a one way bearing Tom. They spin free in one direction but lock solid when turned the other way IOW, act like a one way clutch. We use them all of the time in nitro powered RC cars and trucks for the on-board electric start and roto-starters and in multi-speed and reversing transmissions. I remember reading somewhere where they said the stator was mounted to its shaft with a one way bearing and then later called it a clutch which is in a way, an accurate description of what they do so that is what I called it. I guess that I could have been more clear and just said one way clutch but as you said to me a few times, a minutes worth of research... http://www.stieber.net /

So NOW we see where all this "hands-on" transmission experience comes from... :)

You don't have to have "hands on" experience with something to understand how it works AND I have said many times that I am NOT an automotive transmission expert but that is exactly what makes this so funny.

Great. Good to know you have all this expertise without hands on experience. Now, tell me whats wrong with the E250 that won't go into reverse. If you understand it, then explain it.
--
Max

understand
experience.
LOL, what's the matter Max, the problem got you stumped?

Yup, because unlike you, I don't know everything. I just figured since you know better than everyone else, you probably knew this answer too.
Real mechanics and technicians encounter real problems that need real solutions, not bullshit slingers such as yourself..... unless of course, you have the answer, instead of a notsosmartass question to ask in return.
So, have you got the answer I asked for? Or just more running off at the mouth?
--
Max

you
I never said that I know everything and unlike you, I can and do admit to error. Even if I were the transmission expert that you claim to be, how would I know the answer to that without even seeing it? Sorry Max, but your question and example are as usual, pointless.

you
Nice spin but no dice. This is not a question about "real mechanics" and their skills. This is about people (you and Gary) who think that they know everything and then try to hide when they get something wrong. And of all the people to talk about slinging bull, hell, you are a self admitted troll (even in this thread) and that is the primary function of a troll, to sling bull. Now how exactly do you get a linear force out of a lever?

Yep, I have no idea why it is acting that way, just like you. However, unlike your buddy, I do know how a TC works.

No, you don't hence the long thread trying to get you to figure out math when using precentages, segueing back into why K&N filters aren't the good idea they look like, and going further back to... well almost anything you talk about, the latest example being O2 sensors. Most people will go back and look at facts, you whine till someone proves it to you. Unfortunately, unlike the legal system, being honest means finding the proof yourself.

Never claimed to be a trans expert. Thats a title people (including yourself) have labelled me with.

Sadly, you often give answers based on not seeing the problem.

Thats only because you command of the language and the art of conversation are so lacking that you are the only one missing the point.

If it were about that, do you really think I would have posted in an open forum that I'm having a difficult problem with a Ford trans? The evidence against your claim is the very post you are replying to. But that also proves my assertion that you lack a command and understanding of the language.

Yes, in this thread that is exactly what I'm doing. And its working VERY well.

Well, a lever puts out the same type of force that is put into it, the rest should be easy to figure out. (Hint: location of the fulcrum is everything.)

See, I knew you couldn't answer the question without a lame bullshit line. You do so well at looking up other stuff, I figured you could look up my problem as well.
Care to try again?
--
Max

Long, lol, perhaps you should read and comprehend the twisted path you and your butt buddy made out of the thread. While the thread was long, my input as far as the math itself goes was short.

That was not me again, this time it was you. I simply said that you and Gary use the percentages in a misleading manor and the only thing that really matters is what each filter lets in relative to the total volume of dirt and if it is within specifications of the engine, not to each other. I never said if the K&N was either good or bad.

Once again, continuing to distort the facts to suit your needs.

While this may be true, both you and Gary continue to whine and spin even when someone does prove it.

proof yourself.
Bullshit, what it really means is that you never intend to back up any of your bull.

As do you!

Only in your tiny little troll mind.

course,
and
Sure you would, even experts get stumped and saying that you can't figure something out is not admitting to error.

LOL, not even close.

This and just about every other thread you post to but it not working as well as you think or at least, not in the way that you think.

rest
everything.)
Hint, you still don't know WTF you are talking about and the fact that it has a fulcrum proves it can't so once again, you lose!.

the
It is not a BS line, it is a fact.

I probably could but so can you. Stop being so damn lazy and look it up yourself.

Sure, making you look like an idiot and watching you dance for me is always fun.

LOL, "Short"... must be code talk for "WRONG"
I see ya achieved another goal I had for you, the sexaul deviation remark.

No distortion, you called someone some names before at least two people called your little game off.

LOL, So you admit it, but its ok, because you think other people do it. Hell, you oughta jump off a cliff, cause hell, "other people do it". Funny thing is, at least five different people proved you wrong in that thread alone, but you kept on going.

I've backed every bit of it. You on the other hand...... LOL

Answer to what? You seem to have snipped the question.

Nope. I give possibilities in order to find the solution. OTOH, you think you've got the solution, and when someone challenges your "proven facts", you scurry for the spin cycle.

Ok, Mr Politically Correct, then why did you try to spin it like it was a problem when you initially read the post?

I've got you calling names, using sexual innuendo, back pedalling, and generally replying to nothing, and you think I'm the one on the hook?

An engine crane is a lever. Does the engine crane lift an engine, or spin it around in circles? Just because it has a fulcrum, doesn't mean the input and output are rotational.

Its a bullshit line. I asked a question about a transmission, you chose to throw bullshit, rather than just answer the question.
I predicted you would try to stab at someone rather than just answer the question, and you did exactly what I figured you would.

I have. But with your superior skills in finding the answers to the questions, I figured you'd be able to do better than me. I guess not.

Careful......
LOL
--
Max

and
Sure you did. Pretty much like someone saying "I knew that would happen" after it does, LOL.

Really, try going back and reading it again. I believe that your little buddy started it off calling me an asshat.

even
No, what I said was that you and Gary are worse. Talk about not understanding the language.

What thread are you talking about now?

of
You have backed up nothing, as usual. Sorry Maxi, but you word backs up nothing.

Sorry Max, but that is from a few posts back and most of the editing if not all of it is done by you, including this.

Semantics.
"proven facts",

Again, that is you. Now exactly what "proven facts" are you referring to?

figure
I spun nothing. I simply asked a question and since when does a problem become an error or an admission of such? You have yet to ever admit to being wrong on anything and I doubt that you ever will. The thing is that nobody really cares one way or the other.

Pretty much exactly what you are doing now although your sexual innuendo is a bit of a stretch and LOL, yes, you are.

it
it
Yes, it is a lever and lifts the engine in an arc which by definition, is a circular (rotational) motion, not a straight line. Sorry Max, you still lose. And as for the lift piston, it swings in an arc as well as it moves with the boom so once again, you are still wrong. Damn you make this easy.

No, you challenged my abilities to answer a question as if only a mechanic can give the right answers on mechanical questions and my response proved that wrong as well.

LOL, yea, sure. I bet you have a 100% correct prediction rate on the lottery shortly after seeing the drawing on TV as well :-) As for stabbing someone in the back, what goes around, comes around and your little buddy is far from innocent on that level.

You would be correct here. Your experience should help you to know where to look and if not, perhaps you might want to look at another career.

Sorry, did I have to notify you what you would be doing?

I don't care what he calls you, really. I'm amused by YOUR tactics in TRYING to be right, not anyone elses in BEING right. Whats amusing here is that you try to justify being less than polite (and THAT is being polite) by saying that someone else did it. SO what? Take a bit of personal responsibility. Besides, my "little buddy" might be right, maybe you are an "asshat". You conduct yourself in a reprehensible manner, you argue about anything, you whine about proof (unless confronted with someone who proivides it, then you DENY the proof.), in short, you act like a seventh grader who just got caught with his dick hanging out in the locker room while looking over the wall into the girls side. It makes for a good movie script, and its just about as musing here.

Yes, lets. See, if you meant we were worse, you need to include that word in your sentence. Or you might try using a phrase that indicates that we are worse. However, you merely noted that you believe Gary and I do exactly as you do. Again, your command of the language is lacking. Or is it just your attempt at spin. I had tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, and allow for a lack of knowledge, but if you know it all, it must be a deliberate attempt to deceive by claiming you said something you most certainly did not.

Whatever it was, its the birth of this one. Mike Simmons, Tom Lawrence, Gary, Denny, and I all proved you wrong on at least one isssue apiece. Although I'll grant that Tom's kicking your ass pretty well right now, so he may be in the lead on number of topics, but Gary has it covered on number of times on one topic.

No, its a matter of I express an idea of what I think is wrong, and allow for other differing views. You, OTOH, seem to think that only your way could be correct.

Interesting. All the lift cylinders I have work in a straight line. Do you have a curved hydraulic cylinder?

Nope, I challenged your ability to answer the question at all in a factual and informed manner. You failed to do so.

No, see..... the lottery is a random event. You, well you are pretty predictable. As in, its predictable that you would pass off your actions as being ok because you think someone else does it. You've done it a least three times today.

Career? Why would you mention career? I said nothing about it........ another attempt by you to change the subject?
Who knows.
Amuse me some more, do reply as soon as possible. I'll be headed off to dinner shortly, so I'll get back to your amazing stories later tonight.
--
Max

Wonderful what a little reverse psychology can do...... works well on adolescents too. Coincidence?
--
Max