Temperature Sensor Woes

I have a 96 RAM 1500 4x4 with a 5.2L (automatic tranny). I changed the thermostat the other weekend because it appeared to be stuck open.
While changing the thermostat I noticed the temperator sensor (at least
I think it is the temperature sensor) was cracked and bent over. This sensor is located behind the alternator, right next to the cooling line running to the heater core.
I purchased a new temperature sensor from an aftermarket store but I don't think it will work. The new sensor has two electrical connectors on it. The one that is on my truck has a spot for two electrical connectors be only one is there. The connection to the wiring harness has a spot for two wires but only one is there. I looked close by to see if it has been pulled out but it is not there.
I called several Chrysler dealers and their part guys do not have a listing for a single wire temperature sensor for this truck. I also talked to three other aftermarket guys and they do not have a listing for a single wire sensor either.
I have looked at the wiring diagram from Chrysler and there are supposed to be two wires at the connector for the temperature sensor.
Is this the temperature sensor? Is there a TSB that makes a modification here? Has anyone encountered this before?
Thanks
Go get a "temperature switch", Wells No. TU165. 1 terminal is for the gauge.
Would you believe the dealer's parts reps did the exact same thing to me? At least you and I aren't the only ones who don't understand the carry-over term of "switch" for a gauge....
Jon