The Light is Off!

For those of you who've been around for a while, you might remember that the Check Engine light on my 2001 Dakota has been on for a couple of years, complaining of a small evaporative emissions leak. Replaced the gas cap, to no avail, and ignored it until now.

Per another recent post, I had the truck in to replace a manifold gasket, only to find that the exhaust manifold itself was warped. That was machined and replaced, the 02 sensor also replaced, and in the same area, the mechanic found my leak - a 1' section of hose that had "cracked through". Must have been on the underside, 'cause I inspected (with my non-mechanic eyes) that stuff a while back.

So now, for the first time in ages, the light is off. And, when I open the gas cap, it goes phsssst! again.

Life is good. My truck is happy. I'm happy!

How pathetic is that?

:)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Does that mean you're gonna bake a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and mail them to everybody in the group????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (9/12/2007 7:56 PM):

uh.... no.

:)

Reply to
jmc

Pot brownies, then???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Did that fix the "tick tick tick" noise? Did I win? ;^)

Reply to
Nosey

Yes, it did. You win!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, mac davis exclaimed (9/12/2007 11:20 PM):

Well... in theory I could do the brownie part. From the scent when the wind is right, I could get the 'herbs' from the neighbors...

But you'd have to come here to get 'em.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Freeze mine. I'll get them in June of '12 when I'm done with my current job.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

PARTY AT J's HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be fun!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ahhh.... days gone by from the 70's Count me in. BYOB

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Nutz!

;^)