The Light is Off!

For those of you who've been around for a while, you might remember that the Check Engine light on my 2001 Dakota has been on for a couple of years, complaining of a small evaporative emissions leak. Replaced the
gas cap, to no avail, and ignored it until now.
Per another recent post, I had the truck in to replace a manifold gasket, only to find that the exhaust manifold itself was warped. That was machined and replaced, the 02 sensor also replaced, and in the same area, the mechanic found my leak - a 1' section of hose that had "cracked through". Must have been on the underside, 'cause I inspected (with my non-mechanic eyes) that stuff a while back.
So now, for the first time in ages, the light is off. And, when I open the gas cap, it goes phsssst! again.
Life is good. My truck is happy. I'm happy!
How pathetic is that?
:)
jmc

Does that mean you're gonna bake a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and mail them to everybody in the group???? <VBG>
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (9/12/2007 7:56 PM):

uh.... no.
:)

Pot brownies, then???
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Suddenly, without warning, mac davis exclaimed (9/12/2007 11:20 PM):

Well... in theory I could do the brownie part. From the scent when the wind is right, I could get the 'herbs' from the neighbors...
But you'd have to come here to get 'em.
jmc

Freeze mine. I'll get them in June of '12 when I'm done with my current job.
Ken

PARTY AT J's HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gonna be fun!!
Denny
Ahhh.... days gone by from the 70's Count me in. BYOB

Nutz!
;^)
Mike
jmc wrote:

Did that fix the "tick tick tick" noise? Did I win? ;^)
--
Ken

Suddenly, without warning, Nosey exclaimed (9/13/2007 4:43 AM):

Yes, it did. You win!
jmc

Life is good again!
;^)