thinking of buying 01 dodge diesel advice

any advice on the 01 24 valve dodge 3/4 ton, it will be used for road milage, no towing, just driving, fuel milage,any recalls, front end,motor problems,ete,etc.
thanks lou
"" wrote: > any advice on the 01 24 valve dodge 3/4 ton, it will be used > for road > milage, no towing, just driving, fuel milage,any recalls, > front end,motor > problems,ete,etc. > thanks > lou
16-19mpg; thats quite a truck to just have a truck. its a great workhorse, but I personally wouldnt own for for the fun of it. they are spendy to just drive, and a pain to park. that said; great truck, can do almost anything. and the duramax is one of the best diesels out there.
Duramax?
"" wrote: > Duramax?
sorry: cummins

Great truck, love mine. But just for driving and no heavy duty use I'd suggest something less expensive to buy and run. For just highway use a 1/2 ton gasser would be better suited to you needs. For daily errands I take the Toyota 2.2 and leave the big diesel hitched to the gooseneck.
DE
-
I have a 2000 Ram Quadcab Shortbed with the Cummins Diesel...I get 20-21 mpg hwy .Its a little noisy at times...but I love it. No big problems in 60k Still looks, runs as good as new