throttle body questions

I am getting a loud hissing from a rear port in the throttle body. Any ideas on the cause of this hissing? It is causing my 96 dodge 1500 v6 to start very hard. I restricted the air flow to this port upon one of
the startups and it idled better. However it only worked on this one startup and I cant keep taking the filter off every time I crank the old girl.
"robdacoach" wrote:

You are missing a plug/cap or a hose connected to it because it is not supposed to be open like that.
Sounds like youre describing the idle air control area.Run a code check and find out if there are other problems causing it to idle low.