tick or short grinding noise in steering?

2001 Dakota 4x4. Just had the tie rod ends replaced, which helped some issues I didn't even realize the truck had 'till it didn't have them any more...

However, I'm still noticing a noise, like a tick or perhaps like one piece of metal slipping off another (almost a grinding noise, but real short; my mental image of the noise is of one piece of metal hitting another off center, and sliding off, if that makes any sense), in the steering column when I turn. Sometimes it's just once, sometimes a short series of two or three.

Any idea what this could be, and what should be done about it?

jmc

Reply to
jmc