Tilt knob removal

How do you get the tilt steering knob off a 05 Ram. I got a Mopar remote start and need to take the column covers off. Maybe when I pull the top cover it will come off from the inside, but any help would be great.

Yes - the bottom cover is held on with a couple of Torx screws from underneath. You'll be able to remove both top and bottom halves without messing with the tilt lever.
For this kind of work, and also for the wiring you'll need to do, you should get the factory service manual. Go to this web page:
http://www.hemitruckclub.com
and click the link on the left to download it.
Thanks, Tom I have the manual and it didn't say how to get it off. You just pull it straight back toward the steering wheel and it will pop off. It must be removed to get the lower half of the cover off.