Tilt knob removal

How do you get the tilt steering knob off a 05 Ram. I got a Mopar remote start and need to take the column covers off. Maybe when I pull the top cover it will come off from the inside, but any help would be great.

Reply to
Jay

Yes - the bottom cover is held on with a couple of Torx screws from underneath. You'll be able to remove both top and bottom halves without messing with the tilt lever.

For this kind of work, and also for the wiring you'll need to do, you should get the factory service manual. Go to this web page:

and click the link on the left to download it.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence