Tire Question

I have a 2007 quad cab 4x4 dakota and it seems to ride a bit rough. I admit I'm not the most diligent in rotating my tires but it seems I must do it at least every other oil change to keep these suckers wearing evenly. I foolishly kept the tires maxed out at 45lbs of pressure to save on gas until I was told that will destroy the tires. Is the possible reason for the rough ride possibly due to some tire damage I caused during the first 10,000 miles of 45lbs in the tire? I currently run about 32lbs in all tires.

-GJ

Reply to
geminijacksonis

I try to rotate tires every 7,000 miles. I doubt you did any damage to the tires except maybe some uneven tread wear. Measure the tread depth and see if the tread in the center is worn more than it is near the edges.

Reply to
Nosey

I have run tires at or near max pressure for many years on many vehicles and I have never had problems with tire life. Where you might get into troble with this is very large oversized tires but it is not likely with stock type or stock sized tires.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

for what it's worth, and that may be nothing at all, I was told by the tire store where I buy all my tires that 35 lbs. is a good rule. I like it because 35 is easier to see than 32 and I know 45 is too high. I too have a

2007 Dakota Quad Cab, V8, SLT V8.
Reply to
Abby.Normal

how about we try this.....ASSUME for a minute that the automotive engineers at Daimler know what they are doing.....now lets look on a door placard and use the values they set out for safe and efficient operation of the vehicle?

this is seriously my suggestion and the ONLY one i would suggest anyone else follow for a highway service vehicle.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson