Tire question??????????????

Need to put some new tires on the front my toy, so I figured might as well do all four Currently has 33 X 12.50 X15 on it. I'd like to drop down a bit
to help the gears a bit. Anybody have any thoughts?
Snow or ice is not and will not be a consideration Load range C will work. (STFU Rabbit)<G>
Roy

Jeeps just don't look right with anything less that 31's

WTF??? I didn't even think anything bad...
Denny

Agreed. I think this thing has 2:80's or the like. The 33's are killing it. Did you had the conversion table for the rear gears and the tire height?

The hell you weren't <G>

Roy

What kind of conversion table are you looking for? Here's a chart that I wrote for 15" wheel metric tire diameter sizes:
http://i30.tinypic.com/20l4yp.jpg
I can write any kind of conversion table you want but I need to know specifically what you are looking for. Do you want a certain RPM at a designated speed in high gear? Do you want a % reduction or increase over OEM tires? Do you want a chart that shows all metric tire sizes within a range of revs per mile?
--
Ken

I found one, thanks Ken, I appreciate the offer. The more I think about it I may stay with the 33's. I'm thinking of replacing the front tire's now as they are out of round, wish I could get them shaved. If I have the need for more grunt I'll jump the gears up to 3:73's+. The damn thing came with a 2" body lift and a 1" shackle lift. So it is either leave the lift and go with the 33's or pull the lift (a pia) as 31's would look foolish imo. That's where I am now. That will probably change in the morning.<G>
Roy
Roy wrote:

Check the body mounts for hockey pucks. The classic CJ Checkoslovocian body lift consists of nothing more than two hockey pucks stacked under each of the nine body mounts. If the body mount bushings are all one solid rubber piece you can go to a sporting goods store and buy 9 standard hockey pucks and drill a hole in the middle of them and replace the lift mount bushings. That should restore it to a very close to stock ride height. Adjust the final ride height by drilling the shackles to your preference.
--
Ken
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

I'd give pulling the lift out more consideration if I was up north where I had easy access to a lift, torch's and so on. But I'm not, so it is on my back with hand tools and a floor jack. Those trap nuts that hold the lift in can and usually turn and can be a pia to deal with both going out and back in as well. I've got to keep in mind what I bought this thing for. For a run around toy to haul myself and fishing stuff back and forth to the beach. That's all, not a highway or performance toy. Although these projects do seem to take on a life of their own, it is what it is and isn't going to be anything more. Yup, the 33's stay and I'll only use a couple of gears and that will be that. Until I change my mind again.<G>
Roy

or find it..
have you tried lost & found yet?
mac