torque specs on transmission

hey, i have a 96 dodge ram (diesel) pickup with the 47RE automatic transmission. When the transmission is out of the vehicle, and you remove the torque converter, what is the torque on the 7 bolts that hold on the front plate? (it's the front plate that has little bearings and passages that move the fluid around the transmission, and has a seal in the front of it, which encircles a shaft)

none of my manuals list torque specs on it, and google searches have proved useless.

thanks,

James

Reply to
Coffee

My refferance states 101 ft lbs for flywheel bolt and does not have seperate values for automatics and manuals.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

He's talking about the front pump bolts, not the flywheel bolts.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Al, ya gotta understand AH. He just spouts off inaccurate BS. Now the hope is that the OP ignored him.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

15 foot-pounds.
Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Way to go SnoJob

Reply to
aarcuda69062

We do understand that you are very insecure.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

He was not clear about this. If he had been clearir I would have provied the link below first time around (the torque specs are at the end of the PDF in the link)

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

-----------------

that's a great page, thank you kindly, it helps quite alot!

have a good one,

James

Reply to
Coffee

thank you sir, have a great day,

James

Reply to
Coffee

He was clear enough for everyone else, it seems:

He's got the trans out of the vehicle...

And he removes the converter.... so he's now looking into the bellhousing..

Granted, "front plate" isn't the best way to describe it, but knowing that he just removed the converter, combined with the "7 bolts", it's pretty clear he's talking about the front pump...

Does any of this description even remotely apply to the flexplate? "Moved fluid around, has a seal that encircles the input shaft".... can't really be anything BUT the pump, right?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

No problem... have you made a couple of alignment dowels to get the pump lined up correctly? If not, they're pretty simple to make. Get a length of

5/16"-18 all-thread from your local hardware store. Cut two pieces about 4" long. Screw these into opposite holes where the pump bolts thread into. Now you can slip the gasket and pump onto the alignment dowels, and start the other 5 pump bolts. Unscrew the dowels, and put the final two bolts in, then torque them down.

This is much easier than trying to line things up by hand, hoping not to shift/tear the gasket in the process.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

do you mean that had he been more clear about that, you would have provided the link earlier? i sure hope you are better at snow plowing than you at writing ass clown.

Reply to
theguy

who is "we" ass clown.

ass clown, what "we" understand is what a total moron you actually are.

Reply to
theguy

No Ass hole, the last thing I am insecure. What I am, is tired of you posting information that is nothing but wrong. Like in this post with torque values. You being the dumb Ass hole tell the OP that the correct value 101 foot pounds, when in fact, the value is 15 foot pounds.

You with you BS are going to cause sombody who doesn't know what a Ass hole you are a injury or some damage.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

The original poster liked the link but you are still fixated on slamming, What ever rocks your boat. There is alway hope that one day you may mature and rise above this.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

This is easy to figure out who the clown and morons is or are. It is the one(s) with the anonymous return addresses that like to stir the pot while hiding because they shun accountabilty.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thats great, except he was describing the "pump body to case" bolts.

Those are 15ftlbs, the ones you were talking about are 35ftlbs.

Both a bit shy of the 101ftlbs you mentioned.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yes, but do you understand that you are very incorrect?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Bullshit. He clearly described the pump body as something the shaft went through and had a seal around it.

You got a flywheel like that on your Dodge?

Reply to
Max Dodge