torque specs on transmission

Page 1 of 2
hey, i have a 96 dodge ram (diesel) pickup with the 47RE automatic transmission. When the transmission is out of the vehicle, and you remove the torque converter, what is the torque on the 7 bolts that hold
on the front plate? (it's the front plate that has little bearings and passages that move the fluid around the transmission, and has a seal in the front of it, which encircles a shaft)
none of my manuals list torque specs on it, and google searches have proved useless.
thanks,
James
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:41:11 -0400, Coffee

My refferance states 101 ft lbs for flywheel bolt and does not have seperate values for automatics and manuals. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

He's talking about the front pump bolts, not the flywheel bolts.
Al

Al, ya gotta understand AH. He just spouts off inaccurate BS. Now the hope is that the OP ignored him.
Roy

We do understand that you are very insecure. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

who is "we" ass clown.
ass clown, what "we" understand is what a total moron you actually are.
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:46:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

This is easy to figure out who the clown and morons is or are. It is the one(s) with the anonymous return addresses that like to stir the pot while hiding because they shun accountabilty. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

No Ass hole, the last thing I am insecure. What I am, is tired of you posting information that is nothing but wrong. Like in this post with torque values. You being the dumb Ass hole tell the OP that the correct value 101 foot pounds, when in fact, the value is 15 foot pounds.
You with you BS are going to cause sombody who doesn't know what a Ass hole you are a injury or some damage.
Roy

Yes, but do you understand that you are very incorrect?
--
Max

He was not clear about this. If he had been clearir I would have provied the link below first time around (the torque specs are at the end of the PDF in the link)
http://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/47RE_Overhaul_Instructions_A1.pdf#search=%2247RE%20overhaul%22 ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

http://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/47RE_Overhaul_Instructions_A1.pdf#search=%2247RE%20overhaul%22
that's a great page, thank you kindly, it helps quite alot!
have a good one,
James

He was clear enough for everyone else, it seems:

He's got the trans out of the vehicle...

And he removes the converter.... so he's now looking into the bellhousing..

Granted, "front plate" isn't the best way to describe it, but knowing that he just removed the converter, combined with the "7 bolts", it's pretty clear he's talking about the front pump...

Does any of this description even remotely apply to the flexplate? "Moved fluid around, has a seal that encircles the input shaft".... can't really be anything BUT the pump, right?
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:29:01 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

The original poster liked the link but you are still fixated on slamming, What ever rocks your boat. There is alway hope that one day you may mature and rise above this. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

We're slamming you because you gave info that would have cost the guy a transmission case and a lot of down time. Then you claimed it wasn't clear. If so, why did you not ask for clarification?
We have risen above it, YOU OTOH, still slime around in the bullshit you've spread previously.
--
Max

No you are slamming me because you are basically insecure and it makes you feel better about yourself to act like a child and put others down that you feel threatened by. Knock yourself out Max. Anybody with a open mind can see what you are doing here. Some kids never grow up but there is always hope. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I am slamming you because you almost cost that guy a pile of cash and downtime, nothing more and nothing less. Shut your piehole on the "insecurity" issues because its your stock response, and as with all else you spew, full of bullshit.
--
Max

Not you are the one full of it and other people see it too, they may not say but they see it. Uou act like a child at times with "tantrums" of name calling. BTW I did not almost cost him anything because I qualified what torque values were for. Do us all a favor Max and grow up some. You have a severe ego problem ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I didn't call you any names, I said you almost cost the guy big $$, get it right.

The values you claimed you supplied were for the flexplate to torque converter, and you were only 66ftlbs too high. Way to go.

Do us and those looking for info a favor and shut the fuck up.
--
Max

You'd really make a terrible teacher. The OP didn't know the name of part he was asking about, and you come back with "101 ft. lbs. for flywheel bolt". Now, if he didn't know that the pump was a pump, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that he could think you were telling him the "plate" he was asking about was a flywheel? And then proceed to try and torque the bolts to 101 ft. lbs., thereby tearing the aluminum threads right out of the case?
Not to mention the fact that 101 ft. lbs. is completely off the mark, too. My service manual calls for 55 ft. lbs. for the flexplate-to-crankshaft bolts, and 35 ft.lbs. for the flexplate-to-converter bolts. What did you do? Add them together, and add a little bit for good measure?

Not slamming... see, this is a DISCUSSION group. We DISCUSS things here. Someone asked a question, you mis-read his question, and provided an incorrect answer. It was pointed out that you mis-read the question. You claimed it was the OP's fault, because he wasn't clear. It was then explained that the OP was indeed clear enough to understand exactly what he was asking about.
That's all, Sno... no slamming - just a discussion. Do you know how the vast majority of people in this group would have handled that situation?
"Oh, sorry about that - I thought he was asking about something else. My mistake"
And that would be the end of it. We're all human here - we all make mistakes. Most of us own up to them, and move on. You, however, are developing a consistent pattern of providing incorrect information, and then blaming everyone BUT you for it. That, my friend, is a textbook definition of immaturity...