towing with caravan, bias vs radials on trailer?

Hi, I just put new radials on my boat trailer to be towed by my '94 Caravan LE shod with radials.
I could have got bias tires cheaper, but after talking to various people, I
concluded it isn't wise to have radials on the van and bias on the trailer, but I'm really not sure.
Does it really matter if the trailer tires are the same kind as the tow vehicle?
thanks,
mike
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:02:39 -0400, "Mike Hollywood"

Not terribly important - assuming you put on TRAILER tires, not car tires. Trailer tires have stiffer sidewalls so the trailer sways a lot less.
towing how large a load with a Caravan ?????

not
I once witnessed a Dodge Caravan towing a dually F350 on a tow dolly. To this day I can't believe it was even moving down the road, but it was. Doubtful it made it to their destination. Terrifying.
-rev
Jasper Towing Co, LLCC wrote:

on a simmular note. i once seen a mazda miata with a trailer hitch on the back. when i passed the owner in the parking lot later i was scared to ask....

guy brought an Escort in for transmission OH, had been hauling a 12-footer loaded with building materials all summer..........

Lot's of people with small cars get a receiver hitch just so they can carry a bike rack without having to hang the rack on the car; they just plug the bike rack into the receiver. Mazda Miata doesn't give very good surfaces for a trunk mounted bike rack.
John
Christopher Thompson wrote:

im famillar with reciever bike racks but this hitch had the draw bar and ball hitch in it. thats what scared me......