towing with caravan, bias vs radials on trailer?

Hi, I just put new radials on my boat trailer to be towed by my '94 Caravan LE shod with radials.

I could have got bias tires cheaper, but after talking to various people, I concluded it isn't wise to have radials on the van and bias on the trailer, but I'm really not sure.

Does it really matter if the trailer tires are the same kind as the tow vehicle?

thanks,

mike

Reply to
Mike Hollywood

Not terribly important - assuming you put on TRAILER tires, not car tires. Trailer tires have stiffer sidewalls so the trailer sways a lot less.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

towing how large a load with a Caravan ?????

Reply to
Jasper Towing Co, LLCC

I once witnessed a Dodge Caravan towing a dually F350 on a tow dolly. To this day I can't believe it was even moving down the road, but it was. Doubtful it made it to their destination. Terrifying.

-rev

Jasper Tow> towing how large a load with a Caravan ?????

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

on a simmular note. i once seen a mazda miata with a trailer hitch on the back. when i passed the owner in the parking lot later i was scared to ask....

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

guy brought an Escort in for transmission OH, had been hauling a 12-footer loaded with building materials all summer..........

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Lot's of people with small cars get a receiver hitch just so they can carry a bike rack without having to hang the rack on the car; they just plug the bike rack into the receiver. Mazda Miata doesn't give very good surfaces for a trunk mounted bike rack.

John

Christ> on a simmular note. i once seen a mazda miata with a trailer hitch on the

Reply to
JPH

im famillar with reciever bike racks but this hitch had the draw bar and ball hitch in it. thats what scared me......

Reply to
Christopher Thompson