tranny clunk

Hello All, I have a 2002 1500 with the 4.7 It seems that when I start from a complete stop sometimes there is a small clunk like it is engaging or something . It
is very small though and not always . I changed the tranny fluid with ATF 4 completely to be sure. Maybe it is rear end ? RPMs at idle are at about 600. Any ideas? Thanks in advance .....
Universal joints?
If your transmission has bands have them checked. They are adjusted by torque and a feeler gauge usually accessible from the lower valve body.
--
Coasty
Semper Paratus

Hello, I do not know if 02 trannys have band adjustments ?? Also the clunk is not always present ?? Its like it takes an extra 1/16 of an inch to engage ??

Your 45RFE doesn't have any bands. However, if it did, a feeler gauge would be close to the last tool in the toolbox you would reach for when adjusting bands.
Thanks for the info. now I know its not the bands at least .....any ideas?