Tranny ethics question for group

No 7 is going into my truck. This was a good transmission that lasted God knows how long, way over 100 K miles. I bought a lifetime garanty from AAMCO when it was rebuilt out of warranty about 160 K miles ago. I feel like I should offer them something for the current rebuild and I mentioned it to the wife and she agreed. What do you guys think?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

After 100k miles? You don't "owe" them anything because you paid for the lifetime warrantee. What you might do though is bring a dozen or two assorted dougnuts in the morning and then when you go to pick it up, drop off a case of beer. (Note: drop off the case of beer AFTER they finish your tranny)

FMB

Reply to
FMB

I'm with you on that. You paid for the warrantee, and you are using it. A new car warrantee is factored into the price of the car, I sure don't feel any remorse when I use it. Same with your trans.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

you already paid for what you're getting, as others have mentioned, but a gift of appreciation might be appropriate... got honey? Mac

mac davis

Your thoughtfulness is to be commended however don't feel that you are taking "advantage" of them, you are not.

Most companies that offer a lifetime warranty set aside a certain amount of the repair price in an accrual account for just that purpose. AAMCO's acountants pretty well know from past experience how many claims they can expect during the normal course of business and that is factored in to the rebuild price.

The doughnut and beer idea that another poster suggested would be a nice touch though.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons