Tranny Fluid

Definitely an easy question for you guys. I have an 03 1500 4.7, is there is a certain mileage when I should get the transmission fluid changed?

Also about that time to get new tires, any suggestions? The GS-A's that came with the truck only made it 45K and expensive.

Thanks

Taf

Reply to
Tafmanian Devil via CarKB.com

Is this an automatic or standard shift?

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
Tafmanian Devil via CarKB.com

Depends on what you use your truck for. I tow during the summer months. I change mine every 15,000 miles. Cheap insurance against a failure.

GS-A's IMHO are junk. Way too soft sidewalls for a heavy truck. There are numerous good choices but I have had great luck with Michelin LTX M/S or A/T's (not A/S which are lousy).

Reply to
miles