Trans loseing its mind.....

Symptoms: converter locks & unlocks erratically (ordered TPS rewire kit)
symptoms: will not downshift on its own when coming to a stop (I have to
pull it in to 1 with the shifter)
suggestions?
Billy K

First - narrow it down to which one of the below vehicles is exhibiting this problem:

95 ram 2500 4x4

The reason that I bought a 5 speed, even to the point of giving up on the 360 to get it.
"Billy" < snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net> wrote in message

The '95 still has the mechanical governor. The failure to drop into 1st when coming to a stop can be either a faulty governor or a sticky shift valve. Connect a test gauge to the governor test port on the passenger side rear of the main case, with the truck idling at a standstill in Drive the pressure should not exceed 2 psi. If the pressure reading is above 2 psi the governor is faulty, if the pressure reading is 0-2 psi I would suspect a sticky shift valve.
Friday 5:38 PM , as I was exiting the interstate I let off the accelerator, the tach dropped like the Trans was in neutral. I tried to accelerate - nothing.
I towed it to the shop today, should have a estimate on repairs tomorrow.
I checked the mail when I got home this evening and my TPS re wire kit had arrived. :(
--
Billy K
95 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4