Trans Shifting Problem.

Page 2 of 2
2 words: proof read.

Precisely John, but... the OP doesn't mention any engine problems.
What we do have is the OP saying that the shift problem happens at some points but not others.

The only thing that would have a definite sudden symptom is a sensor. All else would come on gradually.
--
Max

Pardon me for stating the obvious but the OP might have an engine problem and not know it; not all engine problems manifest themselves as misfiring. etc.