Transmission question

The other day I stopped at a stoplight in my 2003 Dakota 4X4 Quad cab w/V8. with about 45000 miles. Transmission was serviced about 10000 miles ago.
When I took off the transmission was slipping, I looked to see if I had bumped it out of gear or something and noticed the "square" indicator light that tells you what gear you are in was "missing". I shifted to what should be 2nd gear and the transmission "shuddered" and took off. When I got across the street, I stopped and shut the engine off and checked for codes. After I restarted the truck the indicator light came back on, the transmission shifts normal and everything seems to be fine, with no codes showing and no slipping. Does anyone have any ideas where I should start checking for a bad connection?
TIA, Tom R.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/3b9f1be69f3372db/918bf351dcd97114?lnk=gst&q=governor+pressure+solenoid&rnum=4#918bf351dcd97114