TRANSMISSION TROUBLESHOOTING 89 Dodge Dakota

I am haveing a bit of trouble....I've checked sites and books and I can't find what my tranny is doing in any of them.
Here's the problem: In 1st gear it's find when it shifts into 2nd and 3rd it vibrates pretty
bad. I've changed the fluid and filter and it still does it. I'd like to find out what is wrong with it before i have to take it to a Transmission shop.
Thanks, Arlene
If you've determined that its the trans and not something else vibrating, you'll end up at the trans shop anyway. There is nothing inside a trans that should vibrate, let alone in only 2nd and 3rd. If it is, there is nothing that can be done without pulling the trans out and disassembling it to find the problem. Double check the rest of the drivetrain, if you find nothing, take it to a tech that can determine what is wrong.
--
Max