truck bed value

im getting ready to fit my '05 dually with a service body, and im wondering what the fair market value is on the original truck bed. the bed is in
brand new condition (only a couple hundred miles on the truck!). with a service bed on the dually i have no use for the truck bed. thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Whatever someone will pay. Not trying to be a smart ass,but that's the plain fact. Put it on Ebay for 99.00 no reserve and it will sell for what it's worth in my opinion. Clay

wondering
Now that would be dumb unless it is only worth $99 to him. Figure out what YOU would really want for it (and I would say considerably more than $99) and set that as the reserve. Remember, IIRC, if you say no reserve, you have to sell it for whatever the highest bid is, even if it was $99.00 You can always set the reserve extremely high just to see what the highest bid comes out to be and if someone still exceeds that reserve, you still win.

Or better yet...why not store it for down the road if/when you decide to sell it? I'd cover it and seal it watertight like with shrink wrap and have it as an option for a potential buyer down the road.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi
TBone wrote:

A naive person would think this. The psychology behind it is that people will see it and think "I'm not letting that go to someone else for 99 bucks", and the bidding begins. Then it will sell for what it's worth. This process has been used many times by successful marketeers. As long as you let as many forums know that it's for sale, and as many people as you can, it will sell for it's value. The opposite is also true. If you set a higher reserve price, you "tend" to get a lower high bid. The reason is people get frustrated trying to find the reserve price and quit bidding. When this happens, you lose the bidding competition, and you get a lower overall bid. You could set your first bid at your lowest selling price, but this is usually higher than will attract any real interest, and again lose your bidding competition.
Know one has to try it if they can't stomach it, but it works, and I do it all the time. Clay

Yup, I have put coins on ebay that sold for a couple of hundred and they were listed for 99 cents with no reserve.
beekeep

Yup, and you wonder why you get no respect.......
--
Max

You haven't sold much on ebay have you?
I would guess that a reserve knocks out at least half the bidders. Bidders are like feeding sharks, you have to get them into a bidding frenzy. A reserve takes the flavor out of the bait.
beekeep
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:32:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

I'm constantly amazed at the things that I see sell on ebay for more than they're worth... I guess it's the bidding frenzy? I see used tools that sell for more than the new price and with inflated shipping.. (like $25 for a Sears router template that sells new at Sears for $19.95)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

At times I email the person and ask his reserve, even though it may be against the rules. If he decides not to divulge it, I move on, especially with a common item. I'll be damned if I chase an item, and not meet a reserve price, only to have another item slip by in the mean time. Hey, if the reserve is too high, I move on. If his reserve is within my range, I bid it outright.