Truck being towed to shop tomorrow, question

While driving my truck, it just "cut out". It's a 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x w/ 90,000 miles.
I coasted over and tried to start it, no luck. I had it towed home.

Tomorrow it's getting towed to a shop (I trust), my question is; can it be anything other than the fuel pump?
There is fuel, about 10 gallons (I put in some "dry gas" and 2 more gallons just incase it's bad gas). I do not hear the fuel pump "wiz" on when I turn the key.
Can else can it be? I will have the shop check it out, I trust them, but I don't want to go through the "parts replacement" guessing game.
One thing to note, for the past 2 weeks prior the truck wouldn'd start on the first key turn (a sign the pump is going bad?), but always on the second (the truck has new plugs, but not a new distributer). Could something be wrong with the spark/wires/etc?
thanks for your help.

At least a dozen other problems... coil, crank sensor, cam sensor, PCM - just to name a few.
However, the fact that you don't hear the pump running is significant - so is your experience of lack of start on first crank... it may have taken some time for the fuel pump to build up the necessary pressure, an indication of a failing pump.
If you're sure the fuel pump fuse is good (ie. you measured battery voltage on both sides of the fuse with the ignition on - this also means the relay is operating), I would check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail test port (should be in the middle of the driver's side fuel rail). A pressure gauge is best, but if you're careful, you can just depress the valve and see if it blows gas out (have a rag handy to catch it in). No or little pressure indicates a definite fuel delivery problem.
The problem is that they don't all have that test port. Mine doesn't.
"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

LOL, Bite me
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

Did you build that PC yet?