Truck broke, 400 miles past extended warranty. Hmph

Anyone have any luck getting repairs covered or partially covered just past an extended warranty period? My Maxi-Care Chrysler warranty was for 75,000. $1000 worth of repairs are needed just 400 miles past that.
Is it worth calling DC and whining to get maybe partial coverage? Just wondering what luck others have had.
Sometimes the dealership will help out at just over the factory warranty but I doubt that they will be so willing after the extended one. All you can do is call and ask and not be an ass about it. Remember, they don't have to give you anything and anything that they do offer is a gift at this point.

"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
If ya don't ask, you won't get anything. If the dealer likes the situation, they may "work" the mileage figure to your advantage.
--
Max

Threaten to sue the dealer using the public prosecuter!
Randolf
Threaten to sue the dealer using the public prosecuter!
Randolf

Threatening certainly won't get him anywhere...Warranties are black and white...if he is 300 miles out of protection he is simply at the dealers mercy. The original poster should tell the general manager if they treat him right on this issue he will buy all of his vehicles in the future from this dealership. I wouldn't fall for "we'll pay for parts, you pay for labor"...but would request total coverage. There is a certain amount of fudge factor that the dealer works with...It wouldn't be a loss for them to repair the vehicle if they decided to.
If they refuse to do the repairs, I wouldn't bring anymore of my business there.
As long as your not out by time you should be good. Most dealers can fudge the mileage to help a fellow out. But be an ass and you will be reminded that it sucks to be you. Give them a call and let them know whats going on and no suprises. They'll help you out.

You are right on this one! It never has and it never will....
.Warranties are black and

as are "service contracts" which is believe is what the OP said he had. There are no such things as 'extended warranties", they are service contracts.
.if he is 300 miles out of protection he is simply at the dealers

In the case of a service contract, the dealer has no discretion, the OP is at the mercy of the service contract company.
The original poster should tell the general manager if they treat him

And then would he be expected to do just that, or is that just a ploy to get what you want?
I wouldn't fall for "we'll pay for parts, you pay for

Since the service contract is expired, the OP isn't in much of a position to "request" anything. He should be grateful if they are even willing to split the bill in some fashion.
. There is a certain amount of

not with service contracts there ain't!
..It wouldn't be a loss for them to

If no one reimburses them for the repair then there would most certainly be a loss.

Remember, in this instance with a service contract, it would not be the dealer refusing to do the repair, it would be the service contract company. Don't blame the dealer if the service contract company reaches an adverse decision.
And that ladies and gentlemen are the facts!
:^)
Mike

Troll's finger must be twitchy! ;+)>
Yep, Chrysler coughed up $2500.00 for replacement of the fuel inj. on my truck, even though it was out of warrenty. You just have to keep at them and convince them it was a defective part. JMTCW

At 400 miles past the EXTENDED warranty, I doubt that you would have much luck convincing them of that.
"Joe Myers" < snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

I talked to the service manager today. She said to call DC and explain the situation and have them look up how many Dodges I've owned and ask for some good will on this issue. She then said to have them contact her to go over what was done. She was honest and said that DC seems to pay in about 1/3 of the cases of being just past an extended warranty.
In the mean time she gave me 20% off the bill and who knows, maybe DC will cough up some.
Well, it looks like you are going about it in the right way. 20% ain't bad to start and I wish you luck in getting more.
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
Customer goodwill is about your only chance here. And expired warranty and an expired extended warranty are exactly that; expired.
By the way, an "extended warranty" is technically a Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Policy. Most of these have a per-occurrence deductible and all of them are very expensive and literally rife with weasel clauses to let the policy underwriter off the hook. Most are also a bad investment In general your chances of ever breaking even with the policy's high up-front cost is historically slim.
For anyone considering one, check with your auto insurance company. Many (including State Farm & Allstate) offer them at prices much less than that available from the dealer and are honored nationwide.
writes:

Joe Myers wrote:

Factory warranty, or extended warranty? It makes a big difference as to what a dealership can do.
Curious, what broke?

Yes ... but you have to be a "christian".
:-) Craig C.
On 12 May 2006 09:58:29 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com"

So, when they talk about the "after life", this is what it's all about?

DJ
You have to be nice. When was the last time it was in for service ?? What repairs were needed ?? Maybe last time they let some of the needed repairs go unrepaired because you were close to the expiration time