Truck dies, suggestions please???

Page 1 of 2
Hi group,
1995, 1500SLT, 360, auto, 2WD, red.
It just stopped and I coasted to a stop. I looked under the hood and everything seemed OK as in distributor cap was in place etc. Got back
in and it started up. Closed the hood and drove 100 feet and it died again and it did that 3 more times before I agreed it had a problem.
Had it towed home and will attack it tomorrow afternoon. My first assumption is gas and probably the fuel filter.
OH, I live in a rural area and rats and mice are a BIG problem in vehicles. So far I have never had any issues with them, BUT, when it coasted to a stop and I walked around it, a VERY fat rat ran out from under. I can't see any eaten anything, but I have not had a really good look yet.
I am still leaning towards the fuel filter because of the start after a delay thing.
Anyone care to throw some light on the problem here to give me a head start for tomorrow?
Thanks in advance for any morsels of mechanical wisdon you can toss.
--
Kind regards,
Jenny and her tribe of survivors.

Does it keep running if you hold the key "on" just up to the point where the starter would crank? If so, you have a bad ballast resistor, broken/loose wire or, like on my old Dodge, a corroded firewall connector.
BDK
In article

No ballast resistor on that truck.
In article <nonelson-CE785C.12254715082007

Ok, I wasn't sure when they got rid of it.
The key position still is valid though...
BDK
Since no one here has said it yet, I will.
Trade it in, it's not worth fixing! <VBFG>
I see little has changed on this group in my 12 month absence. It is a pity as this used to be a good and helpful group about 2 or 3 years back. Seems just the tree ants are left. Oh well, it was worth a look in.

--
Kind regards,
Jenny and her tribe of survivors.
On Aug 15, 12:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.net wrote:

You obviously didn't improve your reading skills while you were out because you would see the fact that my reply was a joke and by simply reading, you would have realized that!

I think she'd have to have seen some of frozen brains posts to get the joke. The punch line isn't much without the setup. I don't know all the internet standards for acronyms, but I think some of ours are specific to our little group, probably didn't help her much? Just a thought.
I think that her problem is that people seem quick with the jokes but short on trying to help and in reality, few of the regulars answer many questions anymore.
"azwiley1" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ok, are you done preaching?! Did you ever bother to think that manner of the regulars in here don't want to post because of preaching like this from you, and the constant "battles" with assclowns, names unmentioned?!
Sorry that you of all people, Tom could not see the humor in it, since at some point that exact post would have likely shown up.

short
questions
Constant whining doesn't change the facts. As for the humor, I did see it as shown in my other reply but like someone said, it would be missed by anyone who has not been around for a while.

Well, than stop whinning about it, since it was only you and some mystery poster who out of the blue sky decieded to complain about the damn thing.

but
it
I'm not whining about it at all and as for the other mystery poster, that would be the OP. Perhaps you need to pay a little more attention to the details.

How about you lighten up a bit. Your starting to sound like Budd

see
by
that
Lighten up, LOL. That goes both ways. I didn't preach to, complain about, or even criticize anyone. I simply made a comment about the group in general based on the OP's feelings and just because some don't want to hear it doesn't make me the bad ass, the net nanny, or the next Budd.

You are correct
the net nanny, or the next Budd.
Imo you are. Time will tell who is right.
TBone wrote:

Let it go, dude. You're are proving the OP's point about tree ants.
Larry is "guilty" of a joke. The OP needs to lighten up a bit. Furthermore, she shouldn't be posting unless her housework is finished anyway.
:-) Craig C.

that
Really??? Please explain.

What does Larry have to do with anything? I don't recall criticizing him for that or anything else for that matter but if you know different, please explain.

TBone wrote:

Nah ... you're not going to get me roped in to a pissing contest with you. I'll leave that brain drain for miles. Think about it and you can answer your own question.

You responded to his comments in what was taken as an attempt at preaching. Whether that is what you intended is now a moot point because it has become a pissing contest. Surprise, surprise.
Speaking of points, my point is this: it isn't worth arguing about. Hence my comment to you: "Let it go, dude." Or, if you insist, piss away, and I'll just kf this thread.
Craig C.
people, Tom could not see the humor in it, since

I saw the humor and couldn't believe you beat Snopuddle to it. He wouldn't be joking though.
FMB (North Mexico)