truck differences

i own an '04.5 3500 SRW cummins powered 4x4, as well as an '05 3500 DRW cummins powered 4x4. both can be seen at http://inlinediesel.com/trucks/3gen/1/index.html
the '04.5 has the cummins 325/600 and the '05 has the 325/610. both are automatic and both have 3.73 gears. the '04.5 is however, noticeably more powerful than the '05. the '05 isnt weak by any means, but the '04.5 runs circles around it and i dont believe the weight of two extra tires makes that much of a difference.
at this point im trying to figure out of i got lucky and got a powerful '04.5, or if im unlucky and got a "weak" '05. any ideas why there would be a noticable difference? thanks,
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Rotating mass. IOW yeah, its the wheels.
--
Max

....but we're talking a significant difference here. im going to remove the outer tires and the rear and try it. id bet i could put 1500 pounds in the bed of my '04.5 and still out accelerate the '05.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

What's the mileage on both?

'04.5 - 19-21 unloaded '05 15-17 unloaded
not really applicable since the wifey drives easier than i do though. when i drive the '04.5 i get 16-17 depending on my mood.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

mis-type. 16-19.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Nate, does you wife drive the slower of the two trucks most of the time? The putor learns and if babied that's what ya get. You can unlearn this by a couple of method's.
Roy

actually she drives the faster truck.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:22:40 -0400, Roy wrote:

maybe she only babies it when he's in the truck ;)
Chris
05 CTD

Okay - but I meant how many miles on each. :)

my apologies. mileage is nearly identical. the '05 has 30,600 and the '04.5 has 30,100.