Truck topper 3rd brake light

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just got a 2003 2500 ram. It had a topper on it but the top is older and does not have the third brake light. I know I can buy one but
where or how do you hook it up? I want to be able to take the top off from time to time as well. Is there a way the dealers set them up? I dont want to halfass wire it. Thanks

There's a dedicated CHMSL (center high-mounted stop lamp, aka 3rd brake light) wire that's ran to the back of the truck specifically for aftermarket items. It's a white/tan wire you're looking for. Look for it in the wire loom that feeds the rear lights. Simply tap into that, and run to your aftermarket brake light. Usually, the aftermarket light will have it's own connector (so that it can be disconnected, and the cap removed), and provide it's own ground.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:49:34 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Thank You very much. I will take a look and see.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:49:34 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Thank You very much. I will take a look and see. But could you tell me is it on the right or left side?

Driver's side