Truck value

I'm looking to sell my 1999 Ram quadcab, Laramie SLT, 318 4X4, 102,000 miles, cap and running boards.
So I start looking at Kelly Blue book, NADA, and Edmunds to get a
ballpark on its value.
I start at NADA.com, value $12,400.
Then I go to kellybluebook.com, value (private party) $8,960.00.
I think Edmunds was (private party) $8,752
I paid $14,000 for this two years ago. I've only put 25k miles on it.
I was shocked at it's decline in value.
Why is NADA so far off? Or are the other two off?
????
Thanks Steve

Check the prices in your local newspaper for similar vehicles (Dodge, Ford, and GM). People in your local area will be shopping around so it doesn't hurt to get an idea of what the competition has up for sale. If you live where it snows consider waiting a month or two before selling it. When the snow flakes fly 4X4 prices go up.
"Nosey" wrote:

When
And when the fuel prices go up, the price comes down. GIven the current pricing on new models that have full warranties too and the surplus of new and used 4x4 in general these days, it will not bring much. I do not want to sound cold or uncaring but if you can get 9000 grand for it run to the bank with the money because bieing that it is basically 7 years old now has over 100k on it and those models are not fuel thrifty either (as you likely know first hand). At this stage of the game its value will only decrease and if there is another big fuel scare and gas hits 3.50 gallon or more you will be lucky to get 6 grand for it.

9000 grand to 6 grand is one hell of a drop :-) As for the $3.50 gas price, expect that by Monday at the latest and expect it to go well beyond that.

TBone wrote:

Yes it is a big drop but I can remember when Chysler auctioned off new "gas hog" cars for pennies on the dollar around 1980 at the cleveland stadium because fuel prices had jumped a lot and nobody wanted them (this is why a lot of police departments used them for many years). There is a big shift coming in vehicle choice and big 4x4 are going to be dinosaurs soon. (why do you think Detriot is trying so hard to sell them now) If you have one and it is paid for and like it, keep it but if you do not like it and /or still are paying for it, the longer you keep it the less it will be worth because not even "snow" will save you when gas hits $4/gallon. At those prices, fuel payments can easily exceed the car payment.
----------------- www.thesnoman.com
"" wrote: > TBone wrote:
> [...]
Fuel prices are already more than one of my car payment and its a 4 banger commuter car. a bottom line hundai accent with $140 a month payments (5year, 0down) it is easy to pay more for gas, just put 1200-1500miles a month and youve done it
Just call it "Pre-Owned" instead of "Used" and it'll be worth more.
-rev