Turkey Day

Page 2 of 3

Well, I did a Yahoo people search and came up with three listings in Moab, with two different number. I also did a Google search for him and so far I have come up with an old post (Jan 2007) to some religious forum and he is/was using the nickname of Ghostrider1, where he mentions moving back to Canyon City, Co.
Suddenly, without warning, azwiley1 exclaimed (11/18/2007 1:14 PM):

Dunno yet, but it won't be a turkey. Out here in Oz, you practically have to mortgage your house to get a turkey.
We're still looking at options. A roast or chicken on the barbie. Trying to talk hubby into some yabbies (big crayfish) but so far no luck.
It'd be different, anyway.
It's hard to believe T-day's just around the corner. It's going into summer here, and as usual already hotter than heck. Getting close to 100f later this week.
jmc

That sounds nice and cool if you have to wear a Santa suit.
beekeep
Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (11/19/2007 8:40 PM):

100f is a cool day to wear a Santa Suit? Whatcha been drinking?
Santa has a better idea. He arrives here in singlet and shorts! Still has the beard though, and the hat :)
It's too hot down here for reindeer, too, so he has "six white boomers" to pull his sleigh. A boomer is a male kangaroo.
jmc

I hear he can't say "ho ho ho" down under anymore. It might offend nappy headed women!
beekeep
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:53:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 19:44:16 -0800, azwiley1 wrote:

well I'm cheating a bit, going over to my sister's house for thanksgiving dinner all of my family will be there and my sister's in-laws too. so that should be fun. i think they are doing a baked turkey, oyster dressing, green beans, mashed taters & some kinda gravy, oh yea granny is cooking her famous pecan pie. for that dinner.
then Friday my wife wants me to fry a small turkey so her sister and nephew can come over since they live down here and wasn't invited to my sister's house. so we will do a small dinner then too. I'm afraid i will be turkey'd out by the time we drop that one in the oil though.
--
Chris

We were in your neck o the woods Thursday, Larry... Did the T-day shopping in Yuma... Planning on a quiet day at home with another couple, turkey, ham, yams, pie, etc.. They don't have electricity yet, as we didn't last T-day, so we're rolling the karma through.. Last year we were at a friends home because they knew we didn't have power yet..
I'm doing my first art show here on the 24th and 25th so I'm going to be pretty busy this week...
Hope everyone has a great one!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

As usual, the Yankee's will invade and stay fer a day or two. This year, there will be ten of 'em counting the kids. I will fire up the furnace in the RV and park the youngun's out there at night so it won't be quite so crowed. A house full of Yankee's is like a Chinese fire drill. Counting us, there will be 18 at the table.
We will have our tradional oven roasted turkey with sage stuffing, smashed taters, sweet taters, green beans, peas in browned butter, waldorf salad, hot rolls and punkin' pie with real whipped cream and pecan pie.
Best wishes to all for Thanksgving!
God Bless!
Mike

Heading back to NJ to be with the family. I can't wait for that fun drive tomorrow. Then my wife is flying into Newark airport on Thanksgiving itself where I have to go and pick her up. Oh joy, yet more fun for the weekend. I hope that everyone has a great holiday.

Give Beekeep a shout before ya leave for DC and area traffic BS.

I have had to make this run so many times that for the most part, I have it down. If I leave here around 7:30AM, I hit DC around 11:00AM and the traffic isn't all that bad then. The holiday traffic doesn't usually start (for the past few years) until Tuesday afternoon and I should be way out of there by then. Now if there is some construction in that area then I'm SOL.

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com...

hmm... sounds like a yankee to me..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

tourist!<G>
Roy

Yup! Spoken like a true Yankee!!
<hint> in the South, we don't bad-mouth our wimmen ;^)
Mike

No, you just marry them even if they are your sister. RIGHT!! <BFG>

ooooooooo........
;^)
Mike

Sister or brother ir don't seem to matter. <G>

Good point... I've always wondered about Southern law.. If you get a divorce, are you still first cousins?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

<BFG>