Turkey Day

Well, I did a Yahoo people search and came up with three listings in Moab, with two different number. I also did a Google search for him and so far I have come up with an old post (Jan 2007) to some religious forum and he is/was using the nickname of Ghostrider1, where he mentions moving back to Canyon City, Co.

Reply to
azwiley1

As usual, the Yankee's will invade and stay fer a day or two. This year, there will be ten of 'em counting the kids. I will fire up the furnace in the RV and park the youngun's out there at night so it won't be quite so crowed. A house full of Yankee's is like a Chinese fire drill. Counting us, there will be 18 at the table.

We will have our tradional oven roasted turkey with sage stuffing, smashed taters, sweet taters, green beans, peas in browned butter, waldorf salad, hot rolls and punkin' pie with real whipped cream and pecan pie.

Best wishes to all for Thanksgving!

God Bless!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

It's all public info but I still don't feel right posting on a newsgroup. Is your e-mail still the comcast one?

Reply to
Nosey

No, I'm using a FL addy I'll get it to ya.

Reply to
Roy

Got it.

Reply to
Nosey

That sounds nice and cool if you have to wear a Santa suit.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Heading back to NJ to be with the family. I can't wait for that fun drive tomorrow. Then my wife is flying into Newark airport on Thanksgiving itself where I have to go and pick her up. Oh joy, yet more fun for the weekend. I hope that everyone has a great holiday.

Reply to
TBone

Give Beekeep a shout before ya leave for DC and area traffic BS.

Reply to
Roy

I have had to make this run so many times that for the most part, I have it down. If I leave here around 7:30AM, I hit DC around 11:00AM and the traffic isn't all that bad then. The holiday traffic doesn't usually start (for the past few years) until Tuesday afternoon and I should be way out of there by then. Now if there is some construction in that area then I'm SOL.

Reply to
TBone

Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (11/19/2007 8:40 PM):

100f is a cool day to wear a Santa Suit? Whatcha been drinking?

Santa has a better idea. He arrives here in singlet and shorts! Still has the beard though, and the hat :)

It's too hot down here for reindeer, too, so he has "six white boomers" to pull his sleigh. A boomer is a male kangaroo.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

hmm... sounds like a yankee to me..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Here's one for ya! What do you call a pretty southern girl that can read? A tourist!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I hear he can't say "ho ho ho" down under anymore. It might offend nappy headed women!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

No, you just marry them even if they are your sister. RIGHT!!

Reply to
azwiley1

Yup! Spoken like a true Yankee!!

in the South, we don't bad-mouth our wimmen

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

ooooooooo........

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Sister or brother ir don't seem to matter.

Reply to
Roy

Good point... I've always wondered about Southern law.. If you get a divorce, are you still first cousins?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

hmm... can't have a hoe-down without someone calling 911?