Turn signal socket

In the past week, my '01 Ram 1500 has gone through three turn signal bulbs in the right rear assembly. No water, Little dirt.

I cleaned to connectors with light emery paper and blew the dust out with compressed air.

A new "harness" for that corner (all 14" of it) costs $78.95 at the dealer. I can't find just the socket part anywhere.

If you have any ideas on what could be causing this, or on where to find the lamp socket so I can just splice it in, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

Reply to
russschell

I would look into the socket for cracks and at the light assembly itself for damage or being loose. A loose bulb will vibrate and not last very long. You can find replacement sockets in many auto-parts stores packaged in red packaging called help. I don't know if they will have the specific one that you need but it's worth a look. You can also get them from many bone yards but you will have to splice them into the existing harness.

Reply to
TBone

Is it possible that the lamp is lit all the time?

JAM

Reply to
Bill Dukenfield