Twas the night before Christmas

Twas the Night before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas cold, dark and foreboding, as I sat at the work bench, quite busy reloading. The empties from autumn were polished so clear For primers and powder, and bullets from Spear.

And Hornady's soft-points, and Nosier's Partitions (My bench ain't no place for brand name omission!) all sat in their boxes, right next to the press with dies form Pacific, and RCBS.

When all of a sudden there came such a jolt, I grabbed for my Mossberg, and whipped out my Colt. As I spilled Hodgdon's powder all over the shelf I scrambled for cover, just to protect myself.

From up on the rooftop, came hoofbeats and snorting Like the noise out of L'il Rock, from Clinton's cavorting! I eased off the safety, to press-check my auto With 230-hardball, I'd knock 'em all blotto

Were these rogue federal agents, sent by Schumer and Reno? Or a staggering Ted Kenedy, in bad need of Beano? My question was answered with a knock, and some sneezing, "It's Santa, you moron, lemme in there, I'm freezing!"

I flipped off the dead-bolt and threw the door wide, To find St. Nick a'shivvering, Rudolph by his side He eyeballed my Springfield, with a nod of approval "you're all set," he said, "for dirtball removal."

"But this is no raid, we're not here to harm you or persecute, prosecute or even disarm you" instead, said dear Santa, he needed to borrow my .357. 'till day after tomorrow

"it's okay," he assured me, with a hint of frustration. "I'm enrolled in the Nation Rifle Association" he showed me his card, 'twas a Life Member rating "I've had this since me and the missus were dating!"

"And you see, Brian o'l buddy, I've gotten real nervous "Since Feinstein was elected, with a promise to serve us "so henceforth as I'm out there, my presents a'stackin' "I want to assure you, I'm legally packin'

"And my gift for you this year, should give you a boot "I've told the Supreme Court to give Brady the boot! "Now, Rudy and I must be on our way" He said, as he climbed back on the seat of his sleigh

With the reins in his hand, and my Smith in his pocket He jingled the sleighbells and was off like a rocket With a pair of speedloaders, and ammo to spare I knew he'd be safe, he was loaded for bear

As he faded from view, I could still hear him calling "From D.C., where 'P.C.' is already falling "To bad guys in L.A., Detroit and Atlanta "I'm licensed to carry. Don't be messin' with Santa" . . .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

hey chris, didnt know you read aadt.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Black powder season is still in here in Maryland. Do ya think I can get Santa to arrive just after sunrise? We're allowed 12 deer for each season.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Suddenly, without warning, Stormin Mormon exclaimed (24-Dec-06 3:35 AM):

Hmm... first one I've read where Santa *takes* something other than cookies & milk. He didn't even leave a present!

Gotta send this to the hubby, he'll love it.

OT: ITS RAINING! WOOHOO! ::dancin' a jig:: (desert, been over 100c, worse drought in history.) Been raining steadily for over 3 hours now, and it's only 64f. Might even get the river flowing!

(I've been dreaming of a Wet Christmas. "White" is way beyond the climate here!)

Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

100°C? Wow! That's hot! ;^)
Reply to
Nosey

Suddenly, without warning, Nosey exclaimed (24-Dec-06 9:11 PM):

oops. Yea, f, of course. DUH! And I haven't even been in the eggnog... which doesn't exist here anyway.

Hey, it's confusing for an ex - Upstate NYer for it to be friggin' hot in December!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Eggnog can be anywhere if you like to do this sort of thing. If this link works, it will take you to foodnetwork.com where Emeril has a recipe for eggnog.

At the bottom, there is a funny disclaimer concerning the use of eggs. Merry Christmas and do put up downunder Christmas pics.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

I had just about the same thought. My service van is a 87 Dodge. Used to be a phone company van. The folks here have really been great, they know Dodge products. Of course, a van that old needs fixing often.

Pleased to meet you again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

.....give 'em time. ;-)

in all seriousness ive been reading this group since '96 and despite a few personal spats that never end its a great group as a whole.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

This group is like good ole home made apple pie, you keep coming back for more. What did you get for Christmas Nathan??????

I got a Carhartt clothing xmas, a Carhartt tshirt and work shirt. A John Deere trailer hitch receiver cover, 40 oz bottle of Canadian rye whiskey, socks and some dvd movies. dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

near the bottom. :-)

awful tough to beat carhartt.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

I'm not Nathan. But.... I got a couple good chances to get out of the house. A friend of mine has a santa suit, and so we went out to visit some families with kids. As to material things, I got a

512 meg jump drive (which I have little clue how to use), a shirt, and a pair of slippers.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

heh.....it took me, several friends, and about 30 beers to get it down into the basement. if anybody does ever try to steal it, theyd better bring plenty of help.

actually its just for the guns i keep at home. most of my guns are in secured storage for lack of secured space in which to keep them. im in the process now of drawing up plans for an underground pistol range that i want to put in my back yard (i shoot to much to have to keep driving to the range, which isnt any fun at all when its -30 degrees) and i plan on a 20x20 attached underground gun safe.

sure goes by fast!

many thanks, and the same to you.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Hey Nate, is that for your guns or for all that money your making in Montana? :)))

Is that the baby, boy has she gotten to be a big girl? Hope you and your family had a great Christmas dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

You need to get just the right call. It's got to sound kinda like "Waaah! I didn't get presents!" in a high pitch little girl voice. That should really draw em in. Put a ball of yellow yarn in the center of the field to look like a mop of blonde hair, and have your muzzle loader ready to go. Aim for the one with the big red nose, that will keep the sled on the ground. And then reload and go after the next one in line.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think that's the way with any group of people. Just got to smile, and keep going.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's a problem, we have to shoot two does for every buck we kill here in Maryland.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep