typical 4.7 mileage?

Page 1 of 4
first tank of fuel through the 4.7 liter durango averaged 13mpg. im wondering how this compares to comparable vehicles. thanks,

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

That seems a bit low Nate. My Charger with a 6.1 was good for about 14-15 around town on a bad day. I know they aren't the same thing but....
Roy

Thinking about it, my V10 4X4 was about 13 around town. You might want to give some time to loosen up a bit.
Roy

Two things, first the charger weighs less and has less drage going down road so it should do better even with bigger motor and second, when Dodge had V10 in that ruck is still had a axle disconnect in it. No Dodge or Jeep 4x4 made 2003 and later has a front axle disconnect in it which can cost you about a 10 percent MPG hit ( and it can be more in cold weather with lube is thick in front axle) because you are always dragging the front diff and drive shaft even in 2wd. BTW, pnly Dodge and Jeep trucks/4x4's to do this and why their 4x4's typically average less than like GM's and Ford's. Give todays fuel pressures/prices it speaks very poorly of Dodge to not properly disconnect front axle just to save a few bucks building them while costing consumers up to a few thousands dollars of extra fuel costs over the service life of vehicle. (not to mention the extra fuel it wastes) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

How could we go a week without this missive!

what is reality or truth of fact you dismiss because it is beyond your understanding. You would not be the troll you are without responding as such ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Get your head out of your ass and learn to read. Idiot! I did not say a thing about the truthfullness of your post nor did I dismiss it.
I sorta alluded to the fact that we had all read your mind numbing mantra before. If that upset's you, too friggin' bad.

Lovers quarrel?????
<GBMFG>
Denny

Nah, your neighbor is still a Idiot
Roy

And to think I gotta go down that way in a couple of weeks. I'll give him your regards......
Denny

I think you need to Roy the Troll. (get head out of arse) If you average around 15 MPG, over 100,000 miles, a one MPG loss due to dragiing front axle will use around 500 extra gallons of fuel and at today prices ($3/gal) that is about 1500 dollars extra to keep axle engaged to diff and driveshaft all the time. Losses are some time higher and this amout could double. I do under stand your trouble with concept though as you cannot likely could past your fingers....

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

WTF!!! You really can't read or follow a thread can ya!
Please explain this mess below.

You still are a mindless friggin' Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I can, you cannot, I stated what effects MPG because it is a MPG thread and why that vehicle may not do as well as you think it should and someone else compared it to a car and started this. You just have to throw a troll baby fit when it exceeds your mental understanding. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

No you can't.

Yes he can.

Point out where Nate asked.

Do you -really- think that you are the sole source of information?

He also noted that the vehicles were not the same.

Is someone who answers unasked questions a troll?

You are wrong again. You can't exceed anyones mental understanding except when it comes to figureing out wtf you are writing.
Now explain the mess I asked you about, Idiot.

Easy Roy, he is sober this morning and can't figure out wtf he said either.
FMB (North Mexico)

LOL!!!
FMB wrote:

You know that probably sums it up. Just when I think his postings can't get any worse..... He's being chastised on the Chevy newsgroup too for being an idiot.
Bob

He has been chastised on every group he posts at. It is always the same either wrong, dangerous, and rarely he get's it right.
Roy