typical 4.7 mileage?

Page 2 of 4
At least he didn't claim the OP could save money by using a higher octane gas.

I feel it's coming next.
In one endlessly long & disorderly paragraph mixed with lame insults...

I'm waiting for the K&N testimonials..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Roy wrote:

a charger and a durango are two different balls of wax
you can't compare a crown victoria and an f150, nor a charger and a ram/durango

When mileage is that low imo you can compare just about anything with that large a difference in engine size. I thought I pointed out that they weren't the same thing.
That's about what my 2003 Durango 4.7L gets around town.

It sounds terrible, but it is your first tank. You will not get your best mileage for at least 6 mos. I have an 8000 lbs Ram 3500 dually with a Cummins that sees better than 19 at times and never less than 16, unless towing heavy. Steve

It's not a new vehicle
Tom, That's really bad. My '96 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.9 gas motor 5 speed gets a solid 16.5 -17 mpg and its fast. Steve

Nate... I'm guessing that my 01 Dakota is a bit lighter than a Durango?
neither one of us is an economical driver and we've always gotten around 12 or 13 in town and 19 - 20 on trips..
01 dak.. 4.7L auto, CC, 3:55 gears..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
thanks everyone. sorry for not being clear, i took it for granted that everyone here already knew what it was, without taking into account just how fast these groups can grow and change. its an '00 durango that i bought for my daughters first "car".
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

ha...no kidding! montana licenses kids at 15, permits at 14. she turns 15 in december.
.....were DOES it go?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Just wait until the day you look in the mirror and the thought hits you, "Hey who is that old geezer in the mirror?"
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

i started avoiding the mirror a good 5 years ago. :-)
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

I think it was Dear Abby that defined middle age as "When you get out of a hot bath and are glad that the mirror is fogged up"
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Suddenly, without warning, Steve W. exclaimed (11/3/2007 8:43 AM):

Steve, just curious. Did you always live around Cooperstown? You didn't live outside of town, across from a tree farm, did you?
(I know it's a long shot that you are the Steve W. I used to know, but stranger things have happened)
jmc
jmc wrote:

Sorry, Only been here for the past 14 years.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Ah. Let the pain of feeding gas into that be lessened by the fact that it's a big heavy tank that surrounds the occupants with thousands of pounds of crashworthy steel.

indeed sir. that was my exact intent.