typical 4.7 mileage?

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (11/2/2007 3:55 PM):

Seems a bit low to me, if it's in good shape. My 2001 Dak with that engine got a bit over 17mpg back in the states, about 50/50 bumper-to-bumper and highway. Right now, I think it's getting about 16 but that's mostly town driving @ 30-50mph.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Steve W. exclaimed (11/3/2007 8:43 AM):

Steve, just curious. Did you always live around Cooperstown? You didn't live outside of town, across from a tree farm, did you?

(I know it's a long shot that you are the Steve W. I used to know, but stranger things have happened)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Hey, at least your parents gave you a car. Mine wouldn't even let me get a *license* until I could afford to pay the increase in their insurance - which I couldn't.

Bought my first car when I was in my early 20s. a 1976 Chevy Chevette.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

They gave me rights to the car!

I didn't get my own car until I was 24!

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

Sorry, Only been here for the past 14 years.

Reply to
Steve W.

Hey, at least you had something to drive. Like I said, I wasn't even allowed to have a *license* (because I couldn't afford the insurance increase dear old Dad insisted I pay), so once my learners' permit expired, I couldn't even drive until I left home.

Yea, this is where I say I walked to college through the snow, five miles, uphill, both ways :)

Argh. But I gotta Dakota now, and paid for it with my own damn money, not even the bank's, so it's all better now. Balances out, I guess.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

what is reality or truth of fact you dismiss because it is beyond your understanding. You would not be the troll you are without responding as such

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I think it was Dear Abby that defined middle age as "When you get out of a hot bath and are glad that the mirror is fogged up"

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

They probably were right, too... lol

My folks gave me their worn out 49 Chevy when I was 16... I think it took me about 90 days to blow it up... Followed by an old Fury when I went to college... I blew that one up learning to street race with in a few months.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Get your head out of your ass and learn to read. Idiot! I did not say a thing about the truthfullness of your post nor did I dismiss it.

I sorta alluded to the fact that we had all read your mind numbing mantra before. If that upset's you, too friggin' bad.

Reply to
Roy

Tom, That's really bad. My '96 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.9 gas motor 5 speed gets a solid 16.5 -17 mpg and its fast. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Lovers quarrel?????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hey, I'd have given ya a ride if I'd have seen ya. You can't be scared of old guys in bunny suits can ya???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Old very fat guy in a bunny suit!

Reply to
Roy

Nah, your neighbor is still a Idiot

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (11/4/2007 5:23 AM):

Um. Actually, yes. 'Cause where I went to college, if you wandered around in a bunny suit and survived to be an *old* guy in a bunny suit, you had to be a pretty tough customer!

:)

Reply to
jmc

And to think I gotta go down that way in a couple of weeks. I'll give him your regards......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Maybe tough but lovable.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I think you need to Roy the Troll. (get head out of arse) If you average around 15 MPG, over 100,000 miles, a one MPG loss due to dragiing front axle will use around 500 extra gallons of fuel and at today prices ($3/gal) that is about 1500 dollars extra to keep axle engaged to diff and driveshaft all the time. Losses are some time higher and this amout could double. I do under stand your trouble with concept though as you cannot likely could past your fingers....

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

At least he didn't claim the OP could save money by using a higher octane gas.

Reply to
Ed H.