typical 4.7 mileage?

I feel it's coming next.

In one endlessly long & disorderly paragraph mixed with lame insults...

Reply to
Heatwave

And you're a better person for it!!

It still sort of bugs me to see "kids today" (tm) with their own *new* cars provided by Mom and Dad driving off to High School!

Nobody seems to even start out with a klunker that they work on in their spare time and spend all their money on!

Perhaps that's good. Instead of spending all their spare change keeping an old junk box car running they can spend it on...

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

a charger and a durango are two different balls of wax

you can't compare a crown victoria and an f150, nor a charger and a ram/durango

Reply to
Picasso

WTF!!! You really can't read or follow a thread can ya!

Please explain this mess below.

You still are a mindless friggin' Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Roy

When mileage is that low imo you can compare just about anything with that large a difference in engine size. I thought I pointed out that they weren't the same thing.

Reply to
Roy

You were an old guy when he was in college?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Maybe "White Rabbit" was him before he came out of the closet and went pink? I guess he forgot to take the "one that makes you small"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I'm waiting for the K&N testimonials..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Actually I can, you cannot, I stated what effects MPG because it is a MPG thread and why that vehicle may not do as well as you think it should and someone else compared it to a car and started this. You just have to throw a troll baby fit when it exceeds your mental understanding.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

No you can't.

Yes he can.

Point out where Nate asked.

Do you -really- think that you are the sole source of information?

He also noted that the vehicles were not the same.

Is someone who answers unasked questions a troll?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You are wrong again. You can't exceed anyones mental understanding except when it comes to figureing out wtf you are writing.

Now explain the mess I asked you about, Idiot.

Reply to
Roy

Easy Roy, he is sober this morning and can't figure out wtf he said either.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

LOL!!!

Reply to
Roy

Yep... I was an old guy when "she" was in college......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

.... yea, on what? That old klunker teaches the inklings of fiscal responsibility. Spend the $ on booze, you find yourself walking a lot.

Well, if the parents did their research right the old klunker wouldn't need so much work to be kept running.

My first car, bought in 1987, was a bright yellow 1976 Chevy Chevette with about 80k miles on it. Paid about $700. I did my research though, and it was a sound little car. When I sold it a couple of years and 40k later, I'd put maybe $200 worth of repairs into that little thing. Broken U-joint and a bad solenoid. Not bad for an 11- year old car.

Incidentally, I saw that car again circa 1997. It was still on the road!

Sometimes I still miss old Mello Yello...

jmc "my first car was a 'vette"

Reply to
jmc

You know that probably sums it up. Just when I think his postings can't get any worse..... He's being chastised on the Chevy newsgroup too for being an idiot.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I remember the Chevette. Almost bought one. My first car was a hand me down 1974 Vega. Great little car until it started to burn oil. Then lookout. That car had the most comfortable front bucket seats that I've ever owned. Which was great because the car sure couldn't get out of it's own way. I had to turn off the A/C to get onto the highway. I remember the day I traded the car in. The salesman drove over to the appraiser and had to let the smoke clear for 10 minutes before he went inside to get him.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

He has been chastised on every group he posts at. It is always the same either wrong, dangerous, and rarely he get's it right.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

yea. Drove over the Powder River Pass in Wyoming at a blazing 30mph. Yello didn't have AC, so that wasn't a problem. I got that little car up to 65mph once (downhill, tailwind) and I thought it was going to shake itself apart.

Reliable, yes. Speed demon, it was not.

Yello hadn't started burning oil, but I lived in Northern VA and I was getting kinda tired waiting forever for a gap in traffic large enough for me to pull out. That's one reason I have the 4.7 v8. The gaps don't need to be large for me to get the Dak up to speed :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

My '04 Durango with the 4.7 started out at around 13.6. After 21,000 miles it gets about 15.5.

Reply to
Frank K.