u joint

can anyone help i am replacing a u joint on 1999 ram 1500 hundred i have all the bolts out and caliper off but can not get the axle hub out of the knuckle the one with the three bolts can someone help

I can't reach that far. Sorry.

I can...
Oh, crap, knocked the monitor off the desk!
OK, (for the OP) what have you done so far? And do you have the service manual?
On the 2500 4x4 the hub is removed from the knuckle by taking out the bolts, then threading them back in a small amount (about half way) then wacking the bolt head with a BFH. I use a punch on the head, makes swinging the hammer easier. Usually takes me about a dozen wacks to get it fully out, and you have to go from bolt to bolt to 'walk' it out. If it has been in there since day one, I'm sure it's well rusted now, spray some PB on it and let that sit overnight.
I'm not sure your 1500 is similar, but I suspect it is.

Nearly identical, except 3 hub-to-knuckle bolts instead of 4.
I now recommend the method you and I described before. I used to use a hub puller, until I pulled my buddy's 1500-series hub in half, and bent one of the hub-to-knuckle bolts in the process (do you know the dealership got $14 for that bolt?! FOURTEEN-******-DOLLARS)
We pressed the hub back together, but it eventually failed a couple of years later. Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. They're not cheap, either... upwards of $300 for one with ABS

Damn'ed right expensive. Just dropped almost $800 for a pair on my 2500! Well, at least I got new ABS sensors, right? <bg>
Spraying with neversieze is, IMHO, a really good idea, if they ever need to be serviced again.

I found the following link very useful. http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/hub.php

Put the three 12-point bolts back in, almost all the way, such that there's maybe 1/8" between the head of the bolt and the knuckle flange. Now, with the steering turned to give you best access, beat on the bolt heads with a big hammer, alternating bolts, so that you're effectively "pressing" the hub out of the knuckle. If the bolts bottom out, back them off another 1/8", and repeat.
Think you have good advice about your U Joint- I was about 4 years old and that was my first joke-- guy asks-is that a U boat guy replies-no that's not a my boat