Unexplained electrical Phenomena

Page 1 of 2
I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. I shut the truck off everything was fine. I came back and unlocked the door and went to use the electric door locks. They would not work. Then I noticed a red light on in the
instrument panel. This light turned out to be for a security system. The truck started fine I noticed then that the lights came on. Even though the switch was off. I began to drive and noticed I had no turn signals, I stopped and checked my break lights they also do not work. End results are: No instruments, no turn signals, no break lights, no interior lights, head lights and tail lights come on as soon as the engine starts. Any one have some help.
Have you checked for bad fuses and trouble codes?
--
Max

I suspect a grounding problem here. Check all common grounds in dash area. When a ground opens up here, all kinds of strange thing can happen as it seeks a ground through alternate paths. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
I have checked all fuses and the instrument panel does not work at all so I can not get an error code Max Dodge wrote:

Next check for loose wire connectors, and/or loose grounds, bare wires etc. look for melted wiring insulation and anything that indicates a problem.
--
Max

Chasing gremlins, you need to focus on grounds first then elsewhere rather than shooting blind here. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

dude, you have really become like the shell answer man of the alt.autos.dodge.trucks. at least in your own mind.
is there any thread that you don't chime in on?
is there anything that you don't think you are an expert on?
is this like our kharma coming to roost? i mean are you like the reincarnation of all of the arrogant idiots that have stopped in here over the years?

Answer man, yes. But the correct answer's?????????

Gee, do ya think he has a 9 foot blade on his 1/2 ton?
.

only if its a gasser
--
----------------------------
-Chris

That might work if he had 5.88:1 gears.
--
Ken

Nosey wrote:

The driveline would be fine...
The lame frame and front suspention OTOH, would not.
JS
JS wrote:

I agree. Sarcasm isn't obvious in print. Sorry for the confusion.
--
Ken

Nosey wrote:

Hah, I missed the joke.
Thats not unusual!
JS

The Lam e part here is you children trying to pick fits to get your fix and get you fixes by attacking others that may know more than you so you try to put them down. What ever flips your skirts.
BTW, I have been plowing snow for over 20 years and I would NEVER use a 1/2 truck, espaecaily today models as they are really lightly built. I only use 3/4 and 1 ton models (I prefer 1 ton SRWs) I buy a truck for a truck and nothing else. When I want a nice ride and gadgets I drive a car and I would NEVER do anything to my work trucks to reduce their effective or reliablity. One more note, a Oil burner is the worst choice for a plow truck because if you put any kind of serious plow on it, the front axle will be overloaded and airbags or Timbren will not change that fact that axle is over loaded and it will shorten its service life and not to mention the potenail for instabilty when transporting that can occur when front end weighs 5K plus and rear weighs about 3 k or less. WIth a gass truck my front axle weights run 4000 to 4300 lbs when bed is loaded and plow is in carry position which is a lot mor manageable and easier to counter ballast too. Because of this I never use 4x4 to transport in the worst weather. You kids just want to stir the pot, you do not want to learn a thing. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

A few of us have been plowing snow twice as long as you. I know I don't have all the answers and can learn new stuff all the time. You on the other hand are spouting bs, as in this post.

This is pure bullshit! A Cumminns weighs a few hundred pounds more than a gas. The lifespan of any truck is shortened not so much by the xtra 7-800 pounds a couple of feet ahead of the front bumper but more by a driver who dosen't know how to plow snow.
A question for ya, have you ever heard of compensatory weight?
You seem concerned about transporting a plow. I would have thought after plowing for 20 years you would have learned that you make money pushing snow than running around with the blade in the air. Perhaps you should learn a little route planning, it will increase your bottom line.
I read the rest of your post but it is just foolish to respond to it.

but may not too, snoidiot. i'll go with not.

whatever "flips" your skirts? geez.

i think it has taken its toll on you too, btw.

You're sounding like my three year old grandcritter. Quit whining..

One of my all time favorite movies was one of Clint Eastwoods Dirty Harry movies where he's talking to the captain and says "Every man should know his limitations." This sure fits here. I know of several, including mine, half ton trucks that have survived ten plus years of plowing without major repairs. My main problem to fix was the power steering getting hot. I had to put a cooler on the return line and problem fixed. The most common cause of truck breakage is the cowboy behind the wheel. I'm not even gonna start on the gas vs diesel arguement, there is no end to that.
Denny

LOL
--
-Chris

I really wish that I hadn't read that while I was eating lunch. Cucumbers and onions going backwards thru the nasal channels is not good....
Denny

Cukes and onions!! Breath ya can weld with. <BFG>
Roy