Unexplained electrical Phenomena

Page 2 of 2
Seeing that I am a electrical troubleshooter by trade grounding is where I did go next. The problem is that in order to get there you must remove all the dash components to get to them.

Denny wrote:

He does eat Wabbit food!
Bob

Yup. Keeps the fir sleek and shiny..
Denny
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:29:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

Dude, I was working on cars before you were likelu born and I have seen many many times want bad grounds can cause. When you have sudden multiple unrelated failures it is most likley a grounding isses because current will try to find another path to ground and do all kinda of strange things sometimes. I am trying to help him find a cure while you are just trying to shoot the messanger because you do not understand his message. BTW, I have a electrical and mech engineering background too do you? ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Shooting blind is exactly what you've chosen to do. You have eliminated from the list any observation of the wiring harness. If after finding it looking normal, then TESTING each malfunctioning component, not just for ground but for all circuits proper operation, is the next step.
--
Max

Did the dealer install provisions for an aftermarket alarm system?
The guys who go around the dealerships and install these systems often have minimal skill and knowledge and their sloppy wiring/splicing can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.
Just heard from the dealership It is the computer module that handles the instrument panel they say
Sadly, it took out the dash so the code could not be found.
--
Max