Unfriggin'believeable

Page 2 of 3
Not to mention a certain Super 8 motel parking lot . . . . .
BTW, did the rest of the family recover ok from that? I never asked and hope they did.
Budd

Hhhmmmm. Maybe that female teenager stuff that I thought was normal may have been the lasting effects from...............
Now I can blame you for all this grey hair and empty bank accounts!!!!! <VBG>
Denny

I think the fact the poor girls did garner more than a bit of their looks from you might be pretty solid evidence that I am not responsible for those financial and physical conditions.
Now you know the real meaning behind an F& P report . . . . .
Budd

Wrong, wrong, wrong!! I met one of Denny's daughter's, she is a very pretty girl. Actually looked quite a bit like her mother. There is absolutley no way she resembled here father. How could you possibly say that????? <BFG>
Roy

And you was talking about circling jackals................. sheeeeesh
Denny

Hey!! Stop complaining, I'm within the rules and ya know it. <BFG>
Roy

Rules???????
What hoppin' rules?????
Ain't it Wabbit season yet?????
Budd

Shush, Roy . . .we don't want the poor bunny losing what little self-confidence he . . . . . . otoh . .. . . . . . . ..
Budd

sure -- i agree -- a point had come up about trying to make an all purpose work truck -- contracting vehicle expected to carry crew, tools, (install shelves and put a rack on top if you like) and expect it to plow as well, and it will not maneuver like a short box reg cab dodge 4x4 and the blind spots are much bigger.
i guess as some of you point out, climates are too diverse in n.am. -- i expect other ideas but... i think there is a market if the contractor-owner can only write off one truck or write off lease payments which is maybe where the marketers are going with it
but, imnsho, i agree that if the vehicle is expected to plow full time, you may want a different contracting truck -- even an unlicenced "wheelbarrow" for the property that may not even need brakes -- only hauls, turns, pulls, turns, pushes, turns there is no question about a short body, 4x4 and height to see.
i still think if you need something to carry tools and crew (and materials too) their i have had 3 long box cargo vans over the years and visibility is not bad -- my first vehicle i ever had was a '72 gmc long box ex-refrigeration van w. motor on its way out but still good for light work, $375 cdn + needed one tie rod for safety -- had those rear mirrors you see on fed-ex trucks on one so i could parallel park with about 5-6 extra feet -- awesome visibility -- long wheelbase so turning still poor of course -- of course if a van is not modified to 4x4 you do not want to go off the road unless snow is light and you have posi rear or crew that don't mind pushing <grn> -- good for clearing a straight road or light snow as you are driving it with crew and tools like small contractors might need in one all purpose truck
i think i would have at least two older trucks for the business and if i had the money for a brand new one i'd buy a toy -- forget the crew and the tools -- they could drive one of the beaters :-)
and if mom needs to drive the kids around she can throw a cap on the box and throw the kids in the box <bfg>
rach

The thing with a older truck is that plowing snow really takes it's toll on a truck and reliability suffers. It doesn't matter how careful you are or how anal you are about maintance. After about 5 years ya have to just about rebuild them due to the wear and tear, salt, water and abuse.
We get calls all the time from customer's who have hired some guy who with a older truck that gave them a low price that didn't show up. Believe me it doesn't work out. Maybe a older truck used around your property and your neighbors but not in commercial operation.

A plow on a cargo van??
Roy

Then it's gotta be related to the suspension I'd think. If that's all it is then the next year or so will be ok to mount. Or...maybe aftermarket suspension upgrades will be the ticket.
Laszlo Almasi

I haven't seen it yet.. is it as big/roomy as the F-250?
My guess (though I don't know shit about snow or plowing) is that they were looking more at the RV market with the mega thing.. seems like a lot of money for a truck you're going to plow snow with..
Last time I was at the sealer, they had a standard cab 2500 HD with the cummins for about $30k... seems like more of what you'd use?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

It is huge in the back seat.

Seems like a lot of money for a 4X4 truck you CAN'T plow snow with.
Here is what you folks may be missing. YOU CAN PLOW WITH THE MEGA CAB but with the GAS ENGINE ONLY!! That is what has folks around here questioning the strength of the truck.

Some use the standard cab. My 2K was. But it is nice to get dual use out of a truck especially at the price of the Mega Cab. My Quad Cab gives me that, 4 doors, seating for a couple of more people or a place to put stuff that is secure, a 6 foot bed that the atv will fit in, and a Cummins under the hood. It dosen't really matter what is behind the drivers seat when plowing snow. It can be a 8 foot bed or a dump body. The diesel is real important.
Bro, wasn't yelling at you, just making a point in general.
Roy

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:49:12 -0800, mac davis

I'm not even sure they were looking at the RV market with the MegaCab. It has a shortbed box on it, which means if you go with a full sized fiver, you'd have to spend the extra bux for a sliding fifth wheel hitch.
Greg

good point, greg, but most of the folks that I know with 5'ers have the short box and 4 doors... (a lot of f-250/350's) I was advised by a lot of people that if you're going to buy a 5th wheel hitch, spend the extra $100 for a slider as cheap insurance and hope that you never need it..
My buddy has been full time for a few years now with his f-250HD and whatever they call their 4 door cab... short bed, 5th wheel hitch and 36' 5'er... He says that he's used his slider twice so far, once at the dealer to make sure that it worked, once when he was coming out of a tight space and slid the hitch "just in case"...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
my next door neighbor has a 35 foot fleetwood he pulls behind his crew cab short box f250 he has only slid the hitch forward once. most the time he pulls his with the slider slid back. says it does fine and makes him feel better as he worries about the cab interference if he should forget.
dont know if i would want to try pulling one that way though. i wonder about pin location and weight dist with it slid back.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

I guess that was my point. Why should I have to pay extra for a slider hitch and why should I have to worry about dinging the corner of the trailer against the back of the cab in a truck in a senile moment when I forget to slide the hitch back. They should offer a long box option, IMO.
Greg

It would seem that DC should off a bunch of options. I wonder how their sales would be if the contract with Cummins went away.
Roy

As I said before, perhaps they will in the future but to do it now would be way too expensive and not worth the investment for a new model, especially since this new model would be just about impossible to park in a lot or garage.