unlift a truck?

Hello,

I bought a dodge that has been lifted, sure would like to bring it back to stock specs. In the rear, looks like I have 5 or 6 inch spacers added on the rear axle. On the front, the truck has single shocks and looks to my untrained eye to use longer main springs.

How hard would this be to convert back to stock? Does anyone make an "unlift" kit?

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Williams

Perhaps you could find someone with the same model truck that wants the lift and swap parts with him. Or you could check with your local 4X4 shop to see if they have the stock parts you need left over from a previous lift customer.

Reply to
Nosey

Are the blocks added on top of the factory one? If so then remove them and you may have to cut off or replace the ubolts (they are fairly cheap). I dont know what Year or model you have but my 99 had 3.5" blocks from the factory in back. If they simply replaced the factory with 6" blocks then put factory ones back in their place, takes about 30 minutes with air tools or an hour by hand. Up front if they only put longer springs then put factory ones back in place. The lifter should have put a tracbar relocator and dropped pitman in, and if so then you have to replace those as well. You really need to find out exactly what was done before we can give you an answer. If you can take clear pictures then post a link to them I can tell you what was done.

Reply to
RM

If all you see are blocks in back and longer springs in the front, than that may be a stock lift. Mine has a 5.5" stock, and it would probably cost as much to lower as others pay to lift theirs. You need to get new front springs, new pitman arm, new rear blocks, relocate the track bar, then make sure your drive line geometry isn't messed up. A good shop can do it, but don't expect to pay just a couple of hundred dollars. Drager

Reply to
Drager

Maybe some drivetrain replacements too.

Reply to