Update on leaking cab

I ran a hose over the cab Sunday and water was gushing in the corners of the rear sliding window as well as between the glass sliders. Took it into a place specializing in this stuff. The dealer said rear window had to be replaced if it leaked, no gasket to replace. Aftermarket window places didn't want to touch it due to it leaking. I guess they were afraid that they might encounter rust or something else that was the cause of the leaks vice the simple fact the gasket being worn. Side rear windows were leaking too. The seep marks were there. I left it with them yesterday. Since I had already removed the interior price was $235 for popping the windows out, cleaning the old junk out and resealing. Got a call from them a short while ago. They ran it through their water tester and water was coming in the front pillars too. The windshield has slid down. Now they've got to seal that up. That's another $150. Phooey! It's still cheaper than truck payments. On a good note, as soon as I talked to him, his first question was, it's not a Ford is it? I had to ask why. They had a run of poorly designed and made windows. They have to replace the window vice sealing them up. It was nice to hear someone being real instead of pushing agenda of one brand over another. John

Reply to
Midlant

I cancelled the front windshield sealing as I can get a new one installed for the same price ($150). The place did a nice job. While they were at it, they resealed the third brake light too. That was nice of them. I'm glad I looked at the list of things they did before I bought a new gasket at the dealership. John

Reply to
Midlant

Depending where you live there is not deductable on glass so if your covered, a rock could break it. And the insurance would pay for it.

Reply to
Roy

Yes the insurance would cover it if a rock broke the windshield. I'm sure it'd cost them $450 too. No wonder insurance is so expensive. Sorry, stealing is stealing. John

Reply to
Midlant

I suppose. The insurance company steals legally.

Reply to
Roy

This depends more so on your policy than anything and your comprehensive coverage (not collision). Most agents push 250 or 500 dollar deductable for comprehensive rather than 100, 50 or even zero. I carry 100 because there is not much purpose in caring a higher deductable for comprehensive in my book anyway. Last winsheild I had replaced was 350 on site (they came to my house to do it) It "only" cost me 100 bucks.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Allstate includes glass coverage where the deductible does not apply. I just had my windshield replaced yesterday at no charge other than the high rates I pay!

I wish they'd redraw the zip code boundaries here. Theres a few bad neighborhoods that seem to cause my zip code to be very expensive for insurance.

Reply to
miles

All carriers in MA do the same. I carry the highest deductable I can get.

we have I-95 going through and the rates are crazy.

Reply to
Roy

Oh yes the wonders of computer data bases that insuranace companies use to maximize profit. This is kinda like when we used to have Echeck before they stopped doing it a few years ago. It was only in certain counties but I never did find that magic wall or barrier that keep your air in your area and others air and polution out. I live in country and less than 3 miles down the road in another county you did not need a check. This inequity lead to its eventual termination.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Really??? I had the one on my truck replaced for $150 and paid for it myself.

Reply to
TBone

OK Fraud is fraud.

Reply to