upgrades for v6 magnum engine

Page 2 of 2

guys, once again, not trying to sound rude or condescending but this collective does not sound like they need to be modding a vehicle. i have never seen an electric clutch fan either.
glytter, it is a truck, if you really want better fuel mileage then you are going to have to start driving a dodge neon instead of a dodge truck. most mods are designed to add power not mileage for a truck. some of these mods will add a little mileage if you drive like a grandma but most of us stick our feet in it just a little harder once we realize a tad more horsepower. you can read all kinds of figures and claims from aftermarket manufacturers but don't buy into the magical silver bullet sales pitch. as competative as the vehicle market is, if a major truck manufacturer could make their truck get significantly better mileage thatn the other guys these features would come installed at the factory. it is called free market competition. buy yourself a smart car for commuting and only drive the truck when you *need* a truck if fuel mileage is that big of a concern. myself, i like the comfort of my big extended cab truck with a v8 and 11 mpg is the price i pay for that comfort. b.t.w. if you are going to wander into newsgroups a thick skin is required. good luck, michael
FYI, I owned 2 dodge neon's. I use my truck to haul pharmaceuticals. I can't fit 68 totes in a dodge neon. I'd suggest you get all of your information before 'suggesting' stuff. I drive 200 miles a day. I was just looking for a little more gas mileage not a miracle. Sorry if you can't seem to understand it. I will unsubscribe to this group because you can't seem to do anything but make sarcastic remarks. Sorry to bother such "smart" men as you all! Glytter

You recieved a answer and a question, which you ingnored. Now your upset?
Oh, save the money you'd spend on the cold air intake. The gettin' isn't worth the goin' imo.
My sympathy to your husband.

ROFLMAO
Laszlo Almasi

actually help someone. My husband doesn't need anything from you.
Then why did you ask for him?
Laszlo Almasi
I asked for me, not him. I was just trying to get a few ideas. I didn't want the BS!

In Usenet, the BS is often part of the total package.
Ken

I'm sure he has waaaay toooo much of you!<G>

intake spacer, performance/type intake and filter, synthetic lubricating fluids, MSD or comparable ignition system........and the one that will help the most...........a light foot........:-).
Ed
Glytter77 wrote:

--

First, make sure the engine is in good tune -
plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil. Nothing fancy

You telling him to go on a diet or something? hehehe
Laszlo Almasi
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:20:32 -0400, "Carolina Watercraft Works"

of the truck while driving down the interstate.... You know, like tires on diagnal sides (only needed when you stop if you can keep the speed up and balance your load properly.....) The engine (only needed for taking off or when some clutz hits the brake.....), The passenger seat, the bed, the hood, the fenders, the bumper.... The tailgate.... Actually, you'd save a lot of time just buying a sheet of plywood, 4 of those coaster wheels that screw-on, and either a large rubber band or a rope to tow from another vehichle to get up speed to about 90 mph on the interstate.... Once up to speed, just yell "Get out of the way you moron!" and wear leather, folks will think your in the hell'sAngels.... Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... To be street legal, you need to have a friend screw in your license plate to your butt, and you better carry your registration papers and insurance papers with you....
.boB wrote:

Good tune up with stock parts. Make sure the tires are in good shape and inflated to the proper pressure. Don't bother with the "cold air kit". The stock system flows FAR more air than the engine will ever use and draws it from outside the engine compartment. 99% of the "cold air kits" get the air from inside the engine compartment, which is NOT a good place to find cold air. remove any crap that causes extra drag if possible. Things like roof mounted light bars, front visors and such. Learn how to drive for better economy. Plan your trips so you don't backtrack or make needless trips. Don't expect miracles. For the most part a truck is a truck and your not going to get high mileage driving a brick around.
--
Steve W.

I have a camper shell on it due to me hauling stuff in it for work. the tires are the same as the stock tires. When I got new ones I didn't change the size any.