use more octane

have a 1999 caravan 4 cylinder-always used the lowest price gas -think it is 89 octane--been running a little rough-friend-who is a knowledgeable car guy said move up in octane to 91 and use the middle grade-will cost a $3 extra per fill up but will add many miles to you van...I don't know if it will add miles but my van runs GREAT now... van has 107,000 Michael

Reply to
M.Balarama

M. Balarama:

Please click on the link and read ALL of the information on the P.I. Performance Improver

Click on the Money Back Guarantee - Read the provisions for obtaining a refund if it doesn't improve your vehicle's engine performance.

After using the P.I. Performance Improver, you will be able to go back to regular unleaded gasoline. A much cheaper fix than having to pay for a higher fuel grade at every fill-up. P.i. Performance Improver Concentrate (API)

fuel mileage an average of 2.3% and up to 5.7%. Reduces emissions such as hydrocarbons (HC) up to 15%, carbon monoxide (CO) up to 26% and nitrous oxides (NOx) up to 17%. Restores power and performance. Reduces the need for costly higher octane fuel. Reduces noise from carbon rap and pre-ignition. Offers better vehicle drivability and smoother operation.

Reply to
Steve

Possibly time for a tune up? Your engine was designed to run on 87 - 89 octane, AFAIK..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Thanks-I think it is the extra octane-had tune up 15000 miles ago.

Reply to
M.Balarama