V10 poor towing performance

Page 2 of 4
Tom Lawrence wrote:

The Core.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

no I want hear this one too. you realize it doesn't have a knock sensor right????
NONE of the dodge truck engines have a knock sensor
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Then what did the dealership replace when they replaces my knock sensor in my 2000 CTD Dodge back in April?

You're joking, right? Or did they really tell you that?
Trent wrote:

Maybe it was the CKP sensor? If you saved the reciept and you were actually billed for a knock sensor I'd contact the local authorities. You got robbed.
--
Ken

The V-10 or 5.9 V-8 didn't use them but the others did. As per the '03 FSM, knock sensors are used only with 3.7L V-6, 4.7L V-8 and 5.7L V-8 engines. On 3.7L V-6 and 4.7L V-8 engines, the 2 knock sensors are bolted into the cylinder block under the intake manifold. On 5.7L V-8 engines, 2 knock sensors are also used. These are bolted into each side of the cylinder block (outside) under the exhaust manifold.
--
Ken

forgive me ken. I was reverting back to the old days and not thinking about the new engines with that statement.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

I wanted to point it out before someone bashed you for it. Ya gotta be careful how you say things around here. ;^)
--
Ken

I don't believe he does. But - as usual, when confronted with facts that prove him completely wrong (reference the gear-swap thread, where he swore that Dodge used a GM 8.25" IFS on the 3rd gen 1500's), he'll simply clam up and slink away....
... until the next outrageous claim, of course.

Prior to this century, I would agree with you :)

I'm sorry I should have clarified some. the engine family that existed with the v10 in the br/be trucks and prior did not. I was not thinking of current engine family with that statement.
that was my error.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

hey speaking of that, he hasnt said anything more in the "diesel dakota" thread either about the "thermal reactors" instead of "catalitic converters" has he?
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Nope - another conversation he threw the towel in on.

I'm surprised one other notable know-it-all hasn't shown up to bail him out.
--
Max

Way to put the cheese on the trap, Max... :)

out.
LOL, as much as I hate to burst your bubble, you have every bit as much of that reputation as I do, probably even more lately.

Why'd you automatically assume he was referring to you?
I thought he was talking about Marsh, myself.... :^)
Tom, are we ever going to find out how a 8.0L retards timing under spark knock conditions?
--
-Chris

all eternity - much like the mysteries of Stonehenge, Atlantis, and the pyramids of Egypt. This is yet another in a great series of mysteries that man will never fully understand.

of
There is no real assumption here as some things are just obvious.

??????

There sure is a pattern here.